Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Norcal Squirt A Hockey at SF Cow Palace

mkopel

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Norcal Squirt A Hockey at SF Cow Palace

my kid got to play at the Cow Palace in San Francisco. Home of the SF Bulls. Was a fun exhibition game for all involved.

Tried to listen to the sage advice given in my last post. Took much more care with exposure and tried some different settings for focus. Please let me know if you think I am heading in the right direction...

thanks in advance for any advice.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III    200mm    f/2.8    1/800s    4000 ISO    0.0 EV  

Canon EOS 5D Mark III    200mm    f/2.8    1/800s    4000 ISO    0.0 EV  

Canon EOS 5D Mark III    125mm    f/2.8    1/800s    4000 ISO    0.0 EV  

Feb 11, 2013 at 05:48 AM
capo99
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Norcal Squirt A Hockey at SF Cow Palace

I thinkthey look great especially #2. looks like the rinks well lit. always helps

Feb 11, 2013 at 08:32 AM
vilimo
• • •
p.1 #3 · Norcal Squirt A Hockey at SF Cow Palace

They all look good. Want to share one thing (please note that am not a pro...just a dad with camera taking pics of his son's team)...Given that the rink is pretty well lit, I would drop the shutter speed to around 400-500 and drop the ISO accordingly. For squirt hockey, shutter speed of 400-500 is more.... hope this helps.

Feb 11, 2013 at 02:41 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

mkopel

p.1 #4 · Norcal Squirt A Hockey at SF Cow Palace

Thanks for the comments. The rink was REALLY well lit when we first walked in, I was psyched. But then they shut off half the lights. I think they were testing for the SF Bulls game later that night.

I tried 1/500th the last time out and lost a few shots to motion blur. But I agree, I could have dropped the ISO a bit. I was actively trying to clip the ice. Perhaps I should save that for post? My last set was quite underexposed and it was difficult to fix in post. I guess I overcompensated. At least now I know the upper bound.

Great to be learning. I really appreciate the advice on this board. I know its going to make my shooting better.

Feb 11, 2013 at 03:16 PM
Aqualung
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · Norcal Squirt A Hockey at SF Cow Palace

much improved...now you'll also want to straighten them out a bit, look to the vertical lines (seams between the glass) to help you orient them.

Chris

Feb 11, 2013 at 04:54 PM
mkopel

p.1 #6 · Norcal Squirt A Hockey at SF Cow Palace

thanks Aqualung... ya'know, I never even thought about leveling the images. good call...

Feb 11, 2013 at 11:03 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password