Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Procreation (1 nsfwish)

aFeinberg
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Procreation (1 nsfwish)

"Procreation"

Somewhere in Prairie Creek State Park, Northern CA. I saw this tree...along the side of the road of course, and my instinct was to get naked and hop inside. While plotting my attack amongst the cars and people this couple riding bikes (from Portland to SF!) stopped to take a photo. Naturally I asked them to help with my plan and they agreed. I took a photo of them and they helped me take mine.

Thanks!
aF

Feb 11, 2013 at 12:02 AM
friscoron
• • • •
p.1 #2 · Procreation (1 nsfwish)

Definitely an interesting concept, and you executed it quite nicely! Is it that you are in the fetus position, and that's where the "procreation" comes from? Nice job! I just love how well you are lit in the tree, contrasting the darkness around you.

Feb 11, 2013 at 12:54 AM
fhoyng
• •
p.1 #3 · Procreation (1 nsfwish)

Great idea and great execution.

Francisco.

Feb 11, 2013 at 04:56 AM
bbourizk
• • •
p.1 #4 · Procreation (1 nsfwish)

A very fine image.

Feb 11, 2013 at 05:01 AM
cmcleod
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · Procreation (1 nsfwish)

Awesome! Great concept and execution. In addition to the contrast in light, the sharpness of the foreground and softness of the canopy really help in making this something special.

Feb 11, 2013 at 05:07 AM
Peter Figen
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Procreation (1 nsfwish)

Ah. Prairie Creek State Park. One of the most beautiful of the Ca. parks. Beautiful image in every way. Very very nice. I camped there while riding my bicycle from Seattle to Monterey in 1980 and have never forgotten it.

Feb 11, 2013 at 06:12 AM
qwyjibo
• • •
p.1 #7 · Procreation (1 nsfwish)

Very well done Aaron. Conception through execution.

Feb 11, 2013 at 06:37 AM
phototropist

p.1 #8 · Procreation (1 nsfwish)

Very nice. Powerful image.

Feb 11, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Sodonn
• •
p.1 #9 · Procreation (1 nsfwish)

Very similar to what photog Jack Gescheidt is doing with his tree spirit project. http://treespiritproject.com/

Cool image.

Feb 11, 2013 at 08:09 PM
aFeinberg
• • • •
p.1 #10 · Procreation (1 nsfwish)

Much appreciated all.

@peter - super special place. fern canyon was sick too

@sodonn thanks for the link. checked out some of his work. some interesting ideas there.

thanks!
aF

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:00 AM
fgransee
• •
p.1 #11 · Procreation (1 nsfwish)

ok ... so how did this go down ? Couple walks up and you ask "Can you help me take a picture of me ?" Couple "Sure, yes! Please also take ours" You take their camera, they pose, smile - then you return their camera, hand over over yours .... undress and hop in the tree ? Ha! That's bold !

You said you did this based on an instinct and I think some art critics can read a three-page artful intend into this ("The human as the seed of the trees", "The overpowering size of nature that protects the vulnerable human being", and so on). However, I would not be the person to ask - I am the one who does not get the 'Procreation' title here, to be honest. In my opinion it's a really cool, odd shot and you have to be a wee bit crazy to pull it off the way you did ('crazy' in a good way).

I do like the b/w conversion and the way the bright skin stands out against the dark tree. The framing (for display here) distracts though ... if anything - I would just drop it entirely - I would choose a thin black line.

Feb 12, 2013 at 06:07 PM
Ed Swift
• • •
p.1 #12 · Procreation (1 nsfwish)

Really cool shot. I'm hoping they were just keeping guard for you rather than helping you out!

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Doug Maclean
• • •
p.1 #13 · Procreation (1 nsfwish)

Surprised this did not get more comments. Like what you did conceptually..but the execution is fantastic. Doug M

Feb 13, 2013 at 03:40 AM
tonyfield
• • • •
p.1 #14 · Procreation (1 nsfwish)

Magnificent - like so much of your work.

Feb 14, 2013 at 01:52 AM
aFeinberg
• • • •
p.1 #15 · Procreation (1 nsfwish)

Thanks again all

@fgr....was a funny back and forth but they asked me to take a photo of them, to which i said sure...under one condition good thing they were portland/sf/burningman types
- the title was after someone had commented on a different site and it fit kinda what i was going for and just liked the word. so kept it. i'll leave the 3-page art writeup to those folks though

very kind words all...very much appreciated and glad this resonated!

aF

Feb 14, 2013 at 03:52 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password