Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · 6d owners are you pleased with wifi implementation

Michaelparris
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · 6d owners are you pleased with wifi implementation

There is a learning curve for sure. I dont know if it is me not getting passed the curve but for the last 2 days I have sat down to learn the wifi function and it appears to be a bit "buggy" for lack of a better word.

Sometimes it connects very quickly to my phone/ipad/computer and sometimes it fights me....Hopefully it is just user error. If not this camera may be headed to the buy and sell forum.

What say you....

Feb 10, 2013 at 10:04 PM
RogerC11
• • • •
p.1 #2 · 6d owners are you pleased with wifi implementation

How is your connection strength? I find that sometimes in my house, even trying to connect from a distant room from where the router is, I get trouble with wifi on my iphone. Besides the wifi, how do you like the rest of the camera?

Feb 10, 2013 at 10:12 PM
RobDickinson
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · 6d owners are you pleased with wifi implementation

It worked O when i had a play but seemed fiddly to get setup and working at times.

Feb 10, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.1 #4 · 6d owners are you pleased with wifi implementation

RogerC11 wrote:
How is your connection strength? I find that sometimes in my house, even trying to connect from a distant room from where the router is, I get trouble with wifi on my iphone. Besides the wifi, how do you like the rest of the camera?

Connections fine.....Love the camera. Wifi was a huge deal to me though.

Feb 10, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.1 #5 · 6d owners are you pleased with wifi implementation

RobDickinson wrote:
It worked O when i had a play but seemed fiddly to get setup and working at times.

That is the consensus I am coming to.

Feb 10, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

CanonPhotog

p.1 #6 · 6d owners are you pleased with wifi implementation

RobDickinson wrote:

I set up WIFI on my wife's 6D. As Rob mentions, it was a bit of a pain to get it working, but that was operator error, no fault of the camera. Now that it is working, it seems to work pretty well. Haven't tested signal strength so can't advise. The furthest she has been with her phone is around 20 feet or so. No problems at that range.

Feb 11, 2013 at 11:00 AM
danb121
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · 6d owners are you pleased with wifi implementation

I find the WIFI a little clunky, it was easy to setup... however it doesn't connect straight away even when my phone and camera are next to each other also I find that changing the settings ie ISO and aperture isn't very tactile and the change isn't registared immediately... having said this I do find the feature useful I just wish that it worked a little better!
I love the rest of the camera!!

Feb 11, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.1 #8 · 6d owners are you pleased with wifi implementation

Glad to hear its not just me....I can get it to work with the phone and iPad just fine but lately it won't connect to computer

Feb 11, 2013 at 03:21 PM
Mr Joe
• • • •
p.1 #9 · 6d owners are you pleased with wifi implementation

Easy to use and works well.
App is limited though - would be much more useful if I could do long exposures and time lapse.

Feb 11, 2013 at 03:41 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password