Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Firsts in B&W

LandPirate
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Firsts in B&W

I'm a complete newbie to digital photography. Just got my first DSLR about a month ago and I'm doing all I can to learn the camera, settings and techniques. Here's my first attempts at B&W. I've been shooting in JPEG prior to these. Shot these in RAW and opened a whole new world. Any feedback is appreciated. Oh, I'm using a T4i with EFS 18-55 IS II and a 55-250 IS II...(I know, cheap lenses but you gotta start somewhere).

Feb 10, 2013 at 09:01 PM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Firsts in B&W

Welcome to the forum Michael. I love the pattern in the first, the second looks like a missed focus.
Douglas

Feb 11, 2013 at 01:41 PM
Mitchell Derr
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Firsts in B&W

Landpirate...like the second one if it was in focus. There are a ton of resources online about BW. How are you currently converting your images to BW?

Edited on Feb 11, 2013 at 06:09 PM · View previous versions

Feb 11, 2013 at 05:03 PM
LandPirate
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Firsts in B&W

Mitchell, The first was converted in Canon's Digital Photo Pro. The second was actually taken in B&W (monochrome) setting on the camera. I took both in RAW so that I could experiment and learn what to do it with RAW images.

Feb 11, 2013 at 05:24 PM
LandPirate
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Firsts in B&W

Furthermore, the second pic was taken indoors with no flash and only a tungsten bulb overhead for light. There was an open window to the left but it was very cloudy. I suspect I used too long of a shutter speed and may have (probably) moved some during the photo (handheld).

Feb 11, 2013 at 05:29 PM

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password