Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Where to photograph in Tennessee

jamiepringle

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Where to photograph in Tennessee

I am going on a quick trip next week and have 1 or possibly 2 days to photograph birds. I am first going to Nashville and am looking to start my trip from there. Seeing some interesting sights on the internet, but I am wondering if anyone has personal experience or a favorite sight.

Thanks,

JP

Feb 10, 2013 at 05:52 PM
Colin Giersberg
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Where to photograph in Tennessee

Hey Jamie.

I am not sure about what birds you may see but you might want to check out the Cumberland Plateau area around Tracy City, specifically the Stone Door Ranger Station, Fiery Gizzard and Savage Gulf areas . There are numerous waterfalls in these areas as well as canyons. There are ample hiking trails here as well with all manner of difficulty for the hiker, from easy to strenuous. Foster Falls is south of Tracy City, 60' high and about the same in width. With all of the rain down here lately, all of the falls should be roaring. Check with the ranger station between Monteagle and Tracy City for directions and maps. You might get to see some birds, but this time of year may be limiting to you, so check out the places I mentioned above for the scenery at the very least.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Colin

Feb 12, 2013 at 04:59 AM
jamiepringle

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Where to photograph in Tennessee

Thanks Colin,

Yeah I could leave my big lens behind and go for macro and landscape. I haven't come across these areas in my search yet. Sounds like a waterfall tour could be just as productive as a birding tour.

Thanks for the info.

Jamie

Feb 12, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Colin Giersberg
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Where to photograph in Tennessee

Check out

http://www.gowaterfalling.com/waterfalls/maps/cumberland.shtml
and

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=yhs-att-att_001&va=waterfalls+in+tennessee

This is a Google map of locations.

http://web.eecs.utk.edu/~dunigan/landforms/googlelnd.php?lat=36.24949&lon=-85.5717&scale=14&mt=3&file=falls

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:29 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Wobble
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Where to photograph in Tennessee

Bald River Falls on the Tellico River up above Tellico Plains has several waterfalls along the river. Cherohala Skyway (Cherokee National Forest) will have some great views of mountain vistas, rivers, and rustic farmlands. To see pictures go to:

Cherohala.org

Click on the Press Kit tab, Photo Library

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:40 PM
cgardner
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Where to photograph in Tennessee

Stop by Alien Bees in Nashville and take some shots of Paul Buff. He's rare bird related to the red headed woodpecker (orange hair)

Feb 13, 2013 at 01:12 AM
jamiepringle

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Where to photograph in Tennessee

Wow, that's great information. Both areas look like they are close enough to go to. Take in some of the falls on the plateau and then head east. Great links Colin. The last link with the falls location and height is precious! Likewise on the Cherohala Skyway. That's a definite!

I will be in Nashville for a couple days, but I'm not sure, me being an obvious northern boy, asking a Nashville person if he is related to a rare woodpecker would be something I would survive

Feb 13, 2013 at 07:55 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password