Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Need help finding a camera with an Articulated Display

uintaangler
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Need help finding a camera with an Articulated Display

On our recent trip to Kauai my wife, who usually sits around looking bored while I am shooting, started taking pictures with her IPhone when I was doing casual photography during the day
She even downloaded a free zoom app
Her birthday is coming up and I want to buy her a small camera
She mentioned liking the idea of an Articulated Screen to help her compose when there is glare on the display
Any suggestions for a Point & Shoot type camera with an Articulated Screen for less than $400.
Needs to be small enough to fit easily in her handbag.
Thanks,
Bob

Feb 10, 2013 at 03:45 PM
OntheRez
• • • •
p.1 #2 · Need help finding a camera with an Articulated Display

Lots of possibilities though I can't think of any Canon in that price range that will meet your specs. Try over in the Alt Forum. They pretty much are the the repository of all knowledge of things neither Canon nor Nikon.

Robert

Feb 10, 2013 at 04:17 PM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.1 #3 · Need help finding a camera with an Articulated Display

If you want to stay with Canon, get one of the previous G series P&S, the latest G15 doesn't have an articulated screen. I have a G12 with it's accessories and luv it's usability/feel and controls. At 12mp it's got wonderful IQ, you can crop a bit quite successfully even with such a small sensor.

The G series bodies are one of only a few P&S bodies that let you use a wired remote shutter release, and with the filter adapter use a close-up filter; even tho it's macro feature is sweet by it's self.

You can get a G12 new or used, your $400 will get you body, cards n bag quite easily. Below are a few images from our backyard garden; taken last summer. You might do a search here on FM as there are several threads; tech and image wise, for the G series cameras.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1128206/2#10785379

The G12 is always with us, even it's 720p video mode is sweet
Jerry

Feb 10, 2013 at 05:57 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password