Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Deleted

doowop42
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Deleted

Deleted

Edited on Feb 18, 2013 at 06:09 PM · View previous versions

Feb 10, 2013 at 03:20 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Deleted

It should work just fine with the centre focus point, and especialy well in decent light.

Feb 10, 2013 at 03:24 PM
OntheRez
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Deleted

Echoing Mr. Colwell and having started with a 20D and a non IS (and very old) 70-200, in good light the limit will be your skill, not the equipment. The 200mm is a limit to shots in the outfield (even if I'm shooting from near the 1st base line. A 300 would work better but then one would give up the zoom flexibility. Where you can shoot from also will influence what you can shoot effectively. The only possible issue with the 40D is if you shoot deep into say left field from 1st base and then try to crop down to the player action. The older, smaller sensor will become a limiting factor the longer the shot and the tighter the crop. (The limit is based upon your aesthetic decisions.)

Robert

Feb 10, 2013 at 04:58 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Deleted

OntheRez wrote:
... Mr. Colwell...

Trying to make me feel old?

Feb 10, 2013 at 05:11 PM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Deleted

Ditto to all of the above. A 40D w/70-200 f4L IS has been my kids/adult soccer kit since 07, when a bit more reach is needed a 1.4x II T/C is added. Use the center point and anticipate, anticipate, anticipate the action and practice, practice, practice.

If you are worried about IQ when using a 1.4x T/C, take a look at the link below, it's a shot from last summer, youth soccer, a few friends enjoying a late July afternoon.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1111788/1#10639449

I've several action shots from the game as well and will update this post later today. Enjoy shooting the games, if you can find a local park/recreation center where there's basketball or just bike riders, skateboarders, etc. then take the opportunity to practice from distance as well as close up; many skateboarders luv to show off their skills, kick flips, 360s, etc.

Feb 10, 2013 at 05:17 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Deleted

Maybe it was mine or I was just shooting targets that were too small but I found the servo AF was the biggest weak point of the 40D (and the rest of the 9 point at systems)

That said the 40D was and still is a very good camera .

Feb 10, 2013 at 05:22 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password