Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Eli Broad Art Museum

MBlumer

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Eli Broad Art Museum

This is my first post. I'm a little intimidated by all the spectacular photos I have seen posted at fredmiranda. This is the Eli Broad Art Museum at Michigan State University. It has only been officially open for 3 months. It is a totally unique building with stainless steel sheathing louvers on the outside and no right angles anywhere in the building. It is hard to get a handle on where to take a pic to actually describe the space. These were hand held with D800E and the new Sigma 35/1.4. Thanks for any constructive criticism.
Mark (East Lansing, MI)

Broad Museum Gallery

NIKON D800E    35.0 mm f/1.4 lens    35mm    f/5.6    1/50s    1250 ISO    -0.3 EV  

Broad Museum main staircase

NIKON D800E    35.0 mm f/1.4 lens    35mm    f/3.5    1/320s    1250 ISO    -0.3 EV  

Feb 10, 2013 at 01:36 PM
douter
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Eli Broad Art Museum

I like the angles and composition of the second one here. Welcome to the forums! The first needed to have the camera pointed at a little lower elevation to not crop off the forward guy's shoes.
Douglas

Feb 10, 2013 at 04:40 PM
Bert DeMars
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Eli Broad Art Museum

I like your stairway shot. The contrasting tonal ranges and composition are appealing to the eye. Don't know if you used HDR. If not, you might try it and bring in more detail in the windows. Well done.

Feb 10, 2013 at 04:58 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password