New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Canon EOS 6D DSLR Camera for $1,799 shipped

Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon EOS 6D DSLR Camera for $1,799 shipped

Canon EOS 6D DSLR Camera for $1,747.82 shipped
Ebay's Big Value Inc has the Canon EOS 6D DSLR for $1,799 with free shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-EOS-6D-20-2-MP-Digital-SLR-Camera-8035B002-Black-/230891958455

Feb 09, 2013 at 09:37 PM
amyandmark3
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon EOS 6D DSLR Camera for $1,799 shipped

Potential buyers should be aware that this is grey market. No Canon warranty. They may provide one in-house, this is from the auction:

Please contact us for more information about product warranty.

Sure would be nice to see a final price like this from an authorized dealer or even a non-authorized dealer with a USA warrantied version.

Feb 09, 2013 at 09:55 PM
timpdx
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon EOS 6D DSLR Camera for $1,799 shipped

I just ordered a 6D and 24-105 for $2449 at B&H with real warranty so that makes the camera the same price as above and the lens at $700--which easily beats the price the lens goes for even used (but I need the lens, so I am not selling)

Feb 09, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon EOS 6D DSLR Camera for $1,799 shipped

From the website

"BIGValueInc strives to always offer the latest products and the best price possible on all products. Often electronics are released overseas before they make it to the US market. Through special connections, BIGValueInc has the ability to get electronics before they are officially released. We also have the ability to offer international versions of products that are currently sold in the US at steep discounted prices. The international models are identical to the US models, but they do not come with a US warranty. We offer a one-year store warranty on imported goods."

Feb 09, 2013 at 11:24 PM
Dustin Gent
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon EOS 6D DSLR Camera for $1,799 shipped

I tried out the 6D at the local "best buy" and other than the 11pt AF, it is a nice camera. Build seems better than 5D2 by a stretch. Of this was out last October, I cannot say for sure I would have a D700...

Feb 09, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Dustin Gent
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Canon EOS 6D DSLR Camera for $1,799 shipped

Wasnt there a HUGE 100 page thread about that place on here and POTN about getting a brick instead of a camera? I wouldn't risk it... but that is just me

Feb 09, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Wahoowa
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Canon EOS 6D DSLR Camera for $1,799 shipped

Dustin Gent wrote:
Wasnt there a HUGE 100 page thread about that place on here and POTN about getting a brick instead of a camera? I wouldn't risk it... but that is just me

I haven't heard about that one. Only laminated wood floorings from Dell.

Feb 09, 2013 at 11:52 PM
amyandmark3
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Canon EOS 6D DSLR Camera for $1,799 shipped

Lars, thanks for that info.

Dustin, Wahoowa is correct, that thread you're thinking of was about a guy getting a box of laminate flooring instead of a 5D3. The web site the person bought from was Dell (not sure who the exact vendor was). The huge thread on here about Big Value Inc. was because they were selling 5D3's for a great price and they claimed the cameras were USA versions that came with a legit Canon USA warranty. Once people started receiving their cameras, the results were that some came with everything you were supposed to get in the box and had a legit USA warranty, others were missing items from the box (or had the wrong items) and were gray market (no USA warranty), it was a mixed bag. I value my $$$ too much to take the risk. I'd rather buy a barely used one on FM's buy/sell forum from a dependable seller than buy from a sketchy vendor like BVI.

Feb 09, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Dustin Gent
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Canon EOS 6D DSLR Camera for $1,799 shipped

You guys are right, it was the flooring

Feb 10, 2013 at 04:14 PM
jorkata
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Canon EOS 6D DSLR Camera for $1,799 shipped

Some of the 5DIIIs that Big Value Inc was selling at a big discount were broken-apart 24-105L kits.
Others were imports and others were normal USA-warranty bodies.

It a lottery, basically, and will be the same for the 6D.
Those who do not want to play this lottery should just pay the full price at Amazon or B&H .

Feb 10, 2013 at 07:05 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Canon EOS 6D DSLR Camera for $1,799 shipped

This deal is back...

Feb 27, 2013 at 10:25 AM
newtophoto
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Canon EOS 6D DSLR Camera for $1,799 shipped

Adorama had a deal (didn't check if still current), where you can get 3 lens + 6d for $2600. If you sold everything, the body would come out to around $1500.

Feb 27, 2013 at 01:22 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.