Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

  

Archive 2013 · Double Jeopardy
  
 
sbeme
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Double Jeopardy


Probably the last one from Jaffrey's "special" weekend
Scott



GoetzPhotoz 2013

  Canon EOS 5D Mark II    EF17-40mm f/4L USM lens    17mm    f/8.0    1/180s    400 ISO    0.0 EV  




Feb 10, 2013 at 01:22 AM
sbeme
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Double Jeopardy


after a couple of tweaks



GoetzPhotoz 2013




Feb 10, 2013 at 06:26 PM
sbeme
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Double Jeopardy


lots of views, no comments
when I see images like this I find it hard to critique but not to determine if I like it or not.
So, does it create a sense of unease?
Does it engage?
Are there tweaks to improve it?
Is there a negative reaction to the style/processing?
Is the processing apropos to the content and intention of creating a somewhat disturbing, engaging, moody image?

Thanks.
Scott



Feb 14, 2013 at 06:55 PM
Bob Jarman
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Double Jeopardy


Scott,

I am completely neutral. When I first saw it I thought "OK, curious" but nothing held my attention or interest - perhaps the starkness?

But, I am curious the effect were the arrow in color? Perhaps a touch of drama?

Bob



Feb 15, 2013 at 12:42 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



itchhhh
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · Double Jeopardy


I had to look at the image for a moment or two to try and figure out what I was looking at. The lighting and lack of separation between the “arms” and the “trees” offers no separation between the subject and background… making it difficult to understand.


Feb 15, 2013 at 01:42 AM
sbeme
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · Double Jeopardy


Bob Jarman wrote:
Scott,

I am completely neutral. When I first saw it I thought "OK, curious" but nothing held my attention or interest - perhaps the starkness?

But, I am curious the effect were the arrow in color? Perhaps a touch of drama?

Bob


Bob,
thanks for your candid remark. Much preferred over no comment.
Scott



Feb 15, 2013 at 11:55 AM
sbeme
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · Double Jeopardy


itchhhh wrote:
I had to look at the image for a moment or two to try and figure out what I was looking at. The lighting and lack of separation between the “arms” and the “trees” offers no separation between the subject and background… making it difficult to understand.


One of those times where there is an image I feel invested in, yet sense something is not right. I want it to work, but agree with your critique and appreciate your offering it. The revision was meant to improve upon some of the separation, but the problem remains. I suspect the "face" is hard to discern as well. I know it stands out much better on a large image, but that shouldnt be necessary.

Thanks
Scott



Feb 15, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Bob Jarman
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · Double Jeopardy


sbeme wrote:
Bob,
thanks for your candid remark. Much preferred over no comment.
Scott



Thanks Scott,

Agreed and guilty - I too prefer the "news", good or otherwise, else how can we progress?



Bob




Feb 15, 2013 at 01:03 PM





FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password