FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Wedding Album

Jonathan Smith
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Wedding Album

Can anyone recommend an inexpensive although not "cheap" wedding album company. I'm more interested in the "table top book" but I want it to be a lay flat. I've checked out colleges.net but in the past I've never been impressed with their quality of printing. I saw Flori color at the show in New York but I don't think they do lay flat. I absolutely love Cypress albums but my budget & what i charge does not justify the cost.

Jonathan

Feb 09, 2013 at 03:13 PM
marko1953
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Wedding Album

I am in Australia so may not be what you what, but MOMENTO (Australian company) have great lay-flat albums with thick 270g or 300 paper stock. The quality is very good I have ordered about 15 over the past couple of years and they are getting better and better. They take 3 weeks from order to shipping. (I am part-time wedding photographer not affiliated with Momento).

Feb 09, 2013 at 08:54 PM
Ian Ivey
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Wedding Album

Black River Imaging does have a product called "Picture Book" that's quite inexpensive but nicer looking than direct-to-consumer press-printed books. Their Destiny book is also less expensive than a mid-range flush-mount. They've got a range of book types that will give you a pretty good selection of options for tight budgets.

Feb 10, 2013 at 05:27 AM
wer2012
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Wedding Album

I would second Black River Imaging. They make really nice albums and books and are affordable!

Feb 10, 2013 at 10:13 AM
ShotByTom
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Wedding Album

Check out: Millers Lab

They have great service and great products.

Feb 10, 2013 at 02:55 PM
Jamesbjenkins
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Wedding Album

Red Tree Albums.

Feb 10, 2013 at 04:08 PM
lilyphoto
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Wedding Album

I second Millers. Their LayFlat Albums are a great product and economical.

Feb 10, 2013 at 09:09 PM
That Photog
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Wedding Album

I've done one album with Millers and it was very nice. Just ordered sample albums from them last night as I'm getting more interest in albums. Their album design software is terrible though.

Feb 11, 2013 at 09:13 AM
CMB Photo
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Wedding Album

BRI. However, just as we speak I wonder if anyone has this issue with BRI these days - 8x8 album placed 01/31/2013, today's 2/11/2013 no album yet. When emailed them, Stacy says they're out of covers... ? Cheap not always means - the best?
I'd like to try Millers, always hear good thing about them (or MPIX that I used for last few years as well).

Maks

Feb 11, 2013 at 09:50 AM
cordellwillis
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Wedding Album

CMB Photo wrote:
BRI. However, just as we speak I wonder if anyone has this issue with BRI these days - 8x8 album placed 01/31/2013, today's 2/11/2013 no album yet. When emailed them, Stacy says they're out of covers... ? Cheap not always means - the best?
I'd like to try Millers, always hear good thing about them (or MPIX that I used for last few years as well).

Maks

I understand BRI has fast turn around times and that's part of their motto, but you're complaining about 12 days? 'Cheap doesn't mean the best', but BRI makes a pretty darn good product with great customer service, AND their turn around time is one of the fastest around....even if you have to wait ~12 days.

I don't quite understand your complaint.

Feb 11, 2013 at 11:37 AM
CMB Photo
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Wedding Album

In the past, it used to be 3-4 days in the past (I'm in the same state with them). This is not busiest time of the season.
You're right about me not knowing if it takes longer for some other labs. Does it take longer for a standard choice album cover 8x8 album? (Not being sarcastic, just wondering)

Feb 11, 2013 at 11:49 AM
pftomo
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Wedding Album

Adoramapix

Feb 11, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Jamesbjenkins
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Wedding Album

Does Miller's let you import InDesign layouts, or do they force you to use their crap design software like some other companies?

Feb 11, 2013 at 01:37 PM
That Photog
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Wedding Album

Jamesbjenkins wrote:
Does Miller's let you import InDesign layouts, or do they force you to use their crap design software like some other companies?

They take JPG or TIFF

Feb 11, 2013 at 03:45 PM
BigIronCruiser
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Wedding Album

Finao Playbook might be an option. I ordered a sample album from them last month, and it was delivered in about 10 days.

Feb 11, 2013 at 06:02 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Wedding Album

CMB Photo wrote:
I wonder if anyone has this issue with BRI these days - 8x8 album placed 01/31/2013, today's 2/11/2013 no album yet.

You're complaining about slow delivery and it's only been two weeks?!? Geez.

Feb 11, 2013 at 09:25 PM
Donalfinn

p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Wedding Album

I think you should go through your region specific online directories. You can find user reviews over there. This will help you in finding good services.

Feb 12, 2013 at 06:34 AM
g-money
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Wedding Album

Another one for BRI on their books. I have ordered two recently and both were return to me within a week. I'll also second their wonderful customer service!

Greg

Feb 12, 2013 at 12:06 PM
That Photog
• •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Wedding Album

CMB Photo wrote:
In the past, it used to be 3-4 days in the past (I'm in the same state with them). This is not busiest time of the season.
You're right about me not knowing if it takes longer for some other labs. Does it take longer for a standard choice album cover 8x8 album? (Not being sarcastic, just wondering)

For reference, my order just shipped from Miller (order uploaded on Sunday) and will be delivered tomorrow (Friday) so that will be 5 business days till delivered for three albums (all the same, one large and two companions).

Feb 14, 2013 at 08:42 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.