New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · DxoMark Tamron 24-70 VC review

snapsy
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · DxoMark Tamron 24-70 VC review

http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/Publications/DxOMark-Reviews/Tamron-SP-24-70mm-f-2.8-Di-VC-USD-A-uniquely-versatile-pro-worthy-alternative

Feb 09, 2013 at 01:45 AM
marko1953
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · DxoMark Tamron 24-70 VC review

I have the older 28-75mm 2.8 Tamron and it is very good. The new lens seems to be better in a few areas so i would like to get one one day, especially for the VC (or image stabilisation). I am confident with Tamron quality.

Feb 09, 2013 at 08:48 PM
cputeq
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · DxoMark Tamron 24-70 VC review

Too bad they dont comment on AF speed but I guess it is sorta out of their purview, being mostly interested in pure IQ.

Feb 10, 2013 at 09:34 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · DxoMark Tamron 24-70 VC review

Most of the time I don't know what DXO is testing. The results for cameras and lenses are often bizarre and do not match results from other sources and common sense.

EBH

Feb 10, 2013 at 09:47 PM
robbymack
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · DxoMark Tamron 24-70 VC review

cputeq wrote:
Too bad they dont comment on AF speed but I guess it is sorta out of their purview, being mostly interested in pure IQ.

Id be happy to, it is slower than the 24-70ii on 5diii, its noticeable but I wouldn't say its a slouch, nor have I found it be a really limiting factor.

Feb 10, 2013 at 10:38 PM
dkmiles1
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · DxoMark Tamron 24-70 VC review

I just picked up a used 24-70 mark i literally 2 days after I decided to pull the trigger on the Tamron. The Canon just landed on my lap (a deal I really couldn't refuse) and its absolutely perfect in every way.

Outside of VC - which IMO - is really useful for video, there's no comparison between the optics of the mark 1 and the optics of the Tamron - at least my copies anyway - (I went through two Tamrons - the first back focussed out of the micro adjustments ability to correct it on a 5D Mark iii) and the 2nd one - which focussed much more accurately - still wasn't nearly as sharp as the Canon. Now I recognize sharpness can vary from copy to copy - same for Canons - but the 2nd Tamron is going back tomorrow. The Tamron is a solid piece of glass, but at f/2.8, at least for me - the Canon is noticeably sharper...

BTW, if I were a videographer who used DSLRs, I would get the Tamron - the VC makes a HUGE difference in video where optics - though important - aren't nearly as important as they are with stills....

Someone else mentioned AF - the AF of the mark i is noticeably faster than the Tamron....

Feb 10, 2013 at 11:11 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.