Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2013 · Skywalker Dubbing Stage/Neve Consoles

Sleeping Bear

Account locked
p.4 #1 · Skywalker Dubbing Stage/Neve Consoles

Thanks for the info Peter, I appreciate it. I've also looked at the Hartblei but did not know anyone else who had tried one to hear about it.

May 01, 2013 at 03:20 AM
Sleeping Bear

Account locked
p.4 #2 · Skywalker Dubbing Stage/Neve Consoles

Peter Figen wrote:
Sleeping Bear - Pretty simple setup really. A Manfrotto 405 on a Gitzo 3541 with a RRS lever clamp and a RRS L-Bracket. Camera vertical. Slide the camera left 12mm shift lens right 12mm, shoot. Back to center for lens and clamp, shoot, then slide the camera right and lens left 12mm and shoot again. As mentioned previously, I have purchased the Hartblei T/S adapter, and while it does work, it's kind of a pain in the ass to use and their Arca Swiss dovetail is loose in the RRS lever.

Sometimes I'm pretty thick headed and it takes a visual for me to understand something, this may be one of those times.

If you slide the camera 12mm to the left then shift the lens to the right 12mm and shoot, slide the camera back to the right 12mm and re-shift the lens to center and shoot and then slide the camera 12mm to the right and the lens 12mm to the left and shoot...aren't you making images of the same scene in the frame? Also, how would this help since the lens is being shifted? Remember...thick headed.

When I'm shifting with the 17 I'll go as far as I can to the right, left and then dead center covering as much of the scene as I can. Am I not understanding your explanation? It sounds like you are shooting the 'center' frame three times. Again, my head is pretty thick. I didn't see a rail to slide on? How are you sliding the camera? I ask all these questions as I would like to use the technique on a mine shoot I have this summer.

I'm sure once I understand what you are talking about it will be a 'Duh' moment for me.

May 01, 2013 at 03:34 AM
Peter Figen
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #3 · Skywalker Dubbing Stage/Neve Consoles

What it really amount to is shifting the back (camera) in the way you would have done with a view camera or technical camera. It's a way of keeping the lens in the same place for all three shots, thereby avoiding any parallax errors when stitching. The Hartblei accomplishes the same goal by attaching to the lens, allowing you to shift the camera. The method I used was less elegant, but I didn't have the Hartblei then either.

May 01, 2013 at 04:16 AM
Sleeping Bear

Account locked
p.4 #4 · Skywalker Dubbing Stage/Neve Consoles

Like I thought, it will be a 'Duh' moment when I see it in my mind's eye. Thanks for the patience.

Do you find the Hartblei just too much of a pain to use at all?

May 01, 2013 at 04:34 AM
Pazzaz
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #5 · Skywalker Dubbing Stage/Neve Consoles

Hey Peter!

Long time no see. It's good to see you're still doing GREAT work.

Patrice

May 07, 2013 at 02:40 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Peter Figen
• • • •
p.4 #6 · Skywalker Dubbing Stage/Neve Consoles

Paz - Good to see you. How many years ago did we run into each other in Bozeman? Long time now.

Every once in a while you do good work. It's nice to have something interesting to shoot. That helps a lot.

May 08, 2013 at 01:01 AM
Pazzaz
• • • •
p.4 #7 · Skywalker Dubbing Stage/Neve Consoles

>>How long?

Too long!

>>Every once in a while you do good work.

Aw, thanks, Peter!

(Couldn't resist!!!)

May 09, 2013 at 08:04 PM
Pazzaz
• • • •
p.4 #8 · Skywalker Dubbing Stage/Neve Consoles

Peter,

In all seriousness, my son was so impressed with your portfolio I think he considered taking up photography professionally for a while there. He decided to become a luthier instead and is using his photographic and video skills to advertise his business.

May 10, 2013 at 03:32 AM
Peter Figen
• • • •
p.4 #9 · Skywalker Dubbing Stage/Neve Consoles

Where can I see some of his guitars? I'm glad I could provide some inspiration to someone. That kind of news makes it worthwhile. Tell him I appreciate it.

May 17, 2013 at 06:39 AM
gugs
• • • • •
p.4 #10 · Skywalker Dubbing Stage/Neve Consoles

Really excellent. And very interesting subject by the way.

Guy

May 23, 2013 at 10:03 PM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password