Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · More from North Rim

rhazleh
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · More from North Rim

Thanks all for you honest critique of my last image. I blew the highlights and could not compensate.

I like this one much better. I am having difficulties with monitors. I have two computers and an IPad and my photos look way different on each. On my iMac this looks great. Bright and slightly crunchy on the iPad. Slightly dull on my work PC...Guess its time to buy a calibrator.

Thanks for looking and critiquing as I get my act together here. Great site and great folks here.

Feb 09, 2013 at 01:42 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · More from North Rim

Hey Richard,

Now it does sound like you need to do some sort of calibrating. As a general rule your ipad should be a very nice device to double check an image. If it doesn't look right on that, then you need to go back to your editing machine. Even though you think it looks good on your editing computer, clearly it must be slightly off.

Now overall, I like this better than the previous shot. The #1 thing that jumps out at me on this shot, is that small hole of light poking through the shadows in the lower right. That is drawing my eye like a magnet. So I would crop in from the right a hair, as the roundness of the shadow and that hole look very unnatural.

Outside of that, the overall shot looks pretty good, a bit crunchy looking still. But the overall colors and light seem fine for a cloudless day. So if your processing monitor is off, I don't think it's off by much.

Jim

Feb 09, 2013 at 05:56 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password