Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Anyone Know Olympus Lenses?

M635_Guy
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Anyone Know Olympus Lenses?

I have a friend who picked up a camera and a couple of Olympus lenses at a flea market (and a body, but she doesn't want to shoot film). She didn't pay much at all, and is wondering if she could pick up an Olypus DSLR of some sort (older, used) and use these lenses.

I asked her to send me some photos, but what she sent isn't as much as I'd hoped.

1) Can anyone identify the lenses? Pretty clearly a 70-210 and 50mm of some description, but any info/details beyond that would be appreciated.

2) Is there an affordable used Olympus (or other) DSLR that would be a good match for these?

Thanks in advance for any help/info!

Feb 09, 2013 at 12:51 AM
dirb9
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Anyone Know Olympus Lenses?

http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Olympus_OM-707_/_OM-77

It appears your friend has got a bit of an orphan, unfortunately. OMAF lenses cannot be manually mechanically focused (they need power through the body), so although you could mount the lenses to a 4/3 body with an OM-4/3 adapter, you wouldn't have any way to focus the lenses.

Feb 09, 2013 at 07:23 AM
PeaktoPeek
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Anyone Know Olympus Lenses?

What you have is an evolutionary dead end, so to speak. It is the first AF body made by Olympus, and for it they designed a series of lenses. Unfortunately the lenses will not work on anything other than the Olympus AF film bodies -- as you'll notice they also lack any MF ring. Basically you can shoot film in that camera with those lenses and that's about it.

Feb 09, 2013 at 07:32 AM
M635_Guy
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Anyone Know Olympus Lenses?

Thanks for the input and information folks! I'll pass it along.

Feb 11, 2013 at 12:26 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password