Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 600 EX-RT Mark IV issues

I sold a brand new 600 EX-RT to a member here and I get this pm today
I read the manual from start to finish,
put it on my camera ( Mark IV) and all it does is
want to stay in TTL mode.
When I go back to custom functions I can set it back to
ETTL, As soon as I press the shutter it jumps back to TTL."

I took the flash on a trade from a well established(232+) member and it was indeed new and I never used it. Could this be an issue with the flash or could the user not possibly doing something right? I don't know so i thought I would ask here from people who do.

update: he messaged me and says it is working so maybe he was just doing something wrong, I dont know

Feb 08, 2013 at 02:20 PM
Zenon Char
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 600 EX-RT Mark IV issues

That was a known problem with the 580EX II shoe design. Contact issues between the flash foot and camera hot shoe made the flash switch from ETTL to TTL. Canon came up with a retrofit and the 600 has this new design installed. I own two.

I have read of this happening once to another 600. I believe cleaning the contacts solved the problem. The cameras hot shoe might need a touch up. Also that foot contact pressure can be adjusted but I can't see that being required on a new flash. You may want to let the purchaser know this. I may or not help but it is a starting point.

Old design

Retro

Feb 09, 2013 at 10:13 AM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.