FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2013 · 1DX - Fast lenses = accurate & solid AF

PetKal
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · 1DX - Fast lenses = accurate & solid AF

Robert, you simply GTA something good real soon, otherwise the prognosis is dim.
Gotta get that 1DX real soon because you need to acquaint yourself thoroughly with its intricacies well before the wedding.

Feb 10, 2013 at 01:02 PM
firstgear99
• •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · 1DX - Fast lenses = accurate & solid AF

Resistance is futile.......

Feb 10, 2013 at 01:08 PM
burningheart
• • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · 1DX - Fast lenses = accurate & solid AF

PetKal wrote:
Robert, you simply GTA something good real soon, otherwise the prognosis is dim.
Gotta get that 1DX real soon because you need to acquaint yourself thoroughly with its intricacies well before the wedding.

and update my 70-200 F4 non IS to a 70-200 F2.8 IS MK II or God forbid pick up some AF lenses for my D800E, no that wouldn't work a landscape camera for a wedding.
I think the 1Dx is the route to go.

Feb 10, 2013 at 01:13 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · 1DX - Fast lenses = accurate & solid AF

burningheart wrote:
and update my 70-200 F4 non IS to a 70-200 F2.8 IS MK II or God forbid pick up some AF lenses for my D800E, no that wouldn't work a landscape camera for a wedding.
I think the 1Dx is the route to go.[/quote]

Oh, absolutely.
However, the best wedding camera deserves the best wedding lens, and nothing in between.
You need 70-200 f/2.8 IS MkII as well.

Remember, that will be a very special day for your niece, and her uncle Robert must not disappoint with gears which are less than the best. Remember, you will not get a second
...Show more

Feb 10, 2013 at 01:34 PM
Stoffer
• • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · 1DX - Fast lenses = accurate & solid AF

firstgear99 wrote:
Resistance is futile.......

+1.

Feb 10, 2013 at 02:15 PM
Sven Jeppesen
• • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · 1DX - Fast lenses = accurate & solid AF

thedutt wrote:
Cannot say about 1dx but the sigma 50 1.4 finally works on 5DIII.

Is the AF with 5DIII in low light with fast lenses, as good as the 1DX

Feb 12, 2013 at 01:11 AM
ifxbonz
• • • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · 1DX - Fast lenses = accurate & solid AF

Lars Johnsson wrote:
After using my 1DX for about six weeks now, I'm extremely pleased with the accurate AF when using fast lenses like f/1,2 & f/1,4. Especially when shooting wide open or close to that.
It's a big improvement even if I came from the 1Ds3 and 1D4 bodies.
Is that general feeling among 1DX owners? Or is it just me ?

I would absolutely agree! I sold my ds3 to make the DX purchase and I'm completely satisfied. I also own a mk4 as back up, which was my goal originally to have a full frame and a 1.3 crop bodies, but now after hearing about the results that 5d3 owners are getting I'm con considering selling the mk4 for a 5d3 but I don't want to loose the 1,,3 crop.

The DX was a huge step. My image results percentage wise has definitely increase when it comes to capturing an "action sports image" and overall IQ with exposure curacy is amazing.

Andy

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:30 AM
splathrop
• • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · 1DX - Fast lenses = accurate & solid AF

No DX, so can't compare to 5D III. But right after my first couple of weeks with the 5D III I posted a comment somewhere about how much better the focus was with wide open 35L and 85 f/1.8—it was like they were different lenses. The 135L was not similarly affected, but only because it never missed anyway. Have since noticed that the Zeiss 35 f/1.4 is also spot on wide open, using the viewfinder focus indicator.

Feb 12, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · 1DX - Fast lenses = accurate & solid AF

Sven Jeppesen wrote:

I have not compared those two bodies against each other. But I would guess that the 1DX has better and faster AF when using AI Servo.

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:12 PM
NCAndy
• • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · 1DX - Fast lenses = accurate & solid AF

Sven Jeppesen wrote:

I tried both this evening with the 50 1.2L, which is the fastest lens I own. At 10000 ISO, f1.2 and 1/250 there is little difference between the two cameras in one shot AF. I didn't try AI Servo as it was a still target. Shooting gymnastics this past weekend, in decent light (3200, f2.8, 1000) I can say the 1Dx is a little quicker to acquire focus and the tracking is a bit better than the 5D3. I mostly used the 70-200 II. However, the 5D3 is pretty great overall, it's just that the 1Dx is outstanding.

Feb 13, 2013 at 12:25 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.