Upload & Sell: On
| p.1 #13 · Need Help deciding between 5D's |
I shoot mostly landscapes, some macro, nightscapes. Ocasionaly street candids, and portraits.
The longest focal I have is 200 @2.8L,- I am not into birding, sports, or anything requiring long focals, as I like to hike and camp dragging along some gear.
So, if you had all three 5D's - 5Dc, mk2 and mk3 and had to sell/drop one out, which two would you keep? or which one you would sell?(works either way)
If you shoot stills only it's a really tough choice, but I'd sell the 5Dc even though I luv those huge pixels and the images it creates. So why dump it...well I wouldn't...but if I had to,
- Sensor wise the 5D3/5D2 are near the same and would acct as backup for each other
- Both have live view, it's great for checking image corners with the magnifier.
- Both will make larger prints at higher ISOs, and will let you crop tighter if needed; more pixels per duck
- Both have sensor cleaning
- You'll take less of a loss with the 5Dc
If yes to all three it's a no brainier, sell the 5Dc, Why...
- The 5D3 gives you significantly more control of audio and AF
- The 5D3 has IQ like the 5D2, has slightly better high ISO capability with less noise
- The 5D2 is the better backup given the 5Dc doesn't have video.
- Both have LiveView, better LCDs and sensor dust cleaning.
But, if the features of the 5D3 don't rock your world...
- sell it quickly
- take $100 from the sale and join CPS
- put the remaining proceeds in saving
- add to those saving when you can
- wait for the much anticipated/waited for high MP body
- enjoy the fact that you have two wonderful FF bodies
- use the remaining proceeds for emergency if one should arise
I've more ideas/options, sell 5Dc/5D2 and buy a 6D; and have the latest FF non-pro bodies in hand. I'd also suggest looking at 1D bodies if you need the ruggedness of the pro bodies, and variations of all the above.
But, my hands are cramping from typing and my brain is on overload, I've only crop bodies and would kill for any of your three FF shooters
Good luck with you decision!
PS. A firmware update for the 5D3 will arrive soon, it fixes a few things, native AF f5.6 to f8 and if you are shooting movies it will have full uncompressed HDMI out