Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2013 · Sigh, back to Canon...

ocir
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · Sigh, back to Canon...

deepbluejh wrote:
I could write a myriad of witty, sarcastic, snarky remarks here, but I won't. Instead I'll give you an honest answer that is short and to the point.

The gear is not the source of your problems.

ditto!

Apr 08, 2013 at 11:15 AM
McGrattan
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · Sigh, back to Canon...

Death, Taxes & 5D2 Center point.

Apr 09, 2013 at 02:13 AM
DavidWEGS
• • • •
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · Sigh, back to Canon...

Having shot Nikon film for years, moving to Canon around 2003 was a painful experience. But the sensors performance with Nikon was pretty poor at the time, so I bought into the canon system. I fought with AF performance the whole time. Then the d300/d3 brought me back to Nikon again in 2008/9. It was like old times and while the af was not perfect, I made it work so much better than I could make the canon system work.

My (sort of) conclusion is they both work well when you are tuned to that systems methodology. I personally find the 75-85% usable shots I could get with canon, were improved to better than 95% when I got back to Nikon.

Horses for courses IMO.

Apr 09, 2013 at 06:57 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

DavidCZ
• • •
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · Sigh, back to Canon...

I converted to Canon at the beginning of this year, because Nikon did not release a Pro-body 24MP camera, aka, D700 replacement. I tried D600 and it was not what I need. 5D3 is what I need, not perfectly, but close.

The conversion was tough but I am happy with what I have now. Though there are few things Nikon still does a lot better such as TTL fill-light control, AF to manual conversion and button operation, etc. But I will be stuck with Canon for the next 2-3 years until the real D700 replacement comes out.

Apr 09, 2013 at 07:59 PM
BluesWest
• • •
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · Sigh, back to Canon...

The short answer is, I'm a Canon shooter who wanted to see if Nikon would work better for me.

Classic mark of an amateur...

John

Apr 09, 2013 at 08:08 PM
DavidWEGS
• • • •
p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · Sigh, back to Canon...

BluesWest wrote:
Classic mark of an amateur...

John

:-) Spoken like a consummate pro.

Apr 09, 2013 at 10:28 PM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password