Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Nikon to Pentacon 6 / Kiev 6 / Exacta 66

Lee Saxon
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Nikon to Pentacon 6 / Kiev 6 / Exacta 66

I purchased a P6-mount Zeiss Jena DDR Sonnar 180/2.8 MC for my 180mm Shootout and took a chance on a ~$25 Nikon to P6 adapter from Fotodiox.

As with the last time I purchased their crap, it's crap. There's rotational "slop" between the camera and adapter AND, even worse than the last adapter I purchased from these jokers, also between the adapter and the lens.

Novoflex offers $550 combination of a $130 Nikon-to-Universal-Bellows adapter and and a $420 Universal-Bellows-to-Exakta-66 adapter, but that's more than I paid for the lens.

Any suggestions?

Feb 07, 2013 at 11:03 PM
alwang
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Nikon to Pentacon 6 / Kiev 6 / Exacta 66

Sometimes for these cheaper adapters, you can adjust the snugness between the lens and adapter by very slightly bending the thin metal "fins" on the interior of the adapter. I have a Fotodiox NEX-Exakta adapter, and it's been pretty snug on both sides, but I have used this technique to tighten up other adapters.

However, that's usually to fix general looseness, and not rotational play. The Exakta lens-side mount has a little post and the adapter should have a hook that latches onto that post- is that what's loose at the moment?

Feb 07, 2013 at 11:23 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password