Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Lightroom Facebook Posting

blutch
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Lightroom Facebook Posting

I am using the Facebook plugin that posts photos directly from LR4 to my facebook acct. I would also like to post directly to a group or page that I manage, but I can't figure out how to get it to do that. Can someone point me toward some help?

Thanks!

B

Feb 07, 2013 at 08:56 PM
Bifurcator
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Lightroom Facebook Posting

I dunno about that LR tool but once you get them uploaded to FB you can move them around as you like.

Feb 07, 2013 at 09:00 PM
James_N
• • •
p.1 #3 · Lightroom Facebook Posting

Have you tried Jeffrey Friedl's Facebook plug-in?: http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/facebook

I think you'll find it has much more functionality that the plug-in shipped with Lightroom.

Feb 07, 2013 at 10:32 PM
blutch
• • •
p.1 #4 · Lightroom Facebook Posting

Sorry to not be more clear. Yes, this is the plug in I use. I just can't figure out how to set it up for uploading the photos to a page or group instead of my personal page.

Feb 08, 2013 at 02:14 AM
James_N
• • •
p.1 #5 · Lightroom Facebook Posting

I rarely ever use Facebook but from reading the Help pages it appears that the workaround would be to use your browser to create a Photo Album (set privacy/visiblity to "me.") in the group or page. Then when you log in via the plug-in it will automatically detect that album and you can upload your photos to it.

Also, in the "Tools" section of the plug-in's dialog box there the option to create albums. Are you saying that option does not allow you to create albums in groups or pages and only or your own timeline?

Feb 08, 2013 at 05:29 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

blutch
• • •
p.1 #6 · Lightroom Facebook Posting

If there is a way to have it point to an album other than in the photos section of your own timeline, I don't see it.

Feb 08, 2013 at 05:32 AM
James_N
• • •
p.1 #7 · Lightroom Facebook Posting

Check the plug-in FAQs here: http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/faq#fbfan
You'll need to scroll down a bit on the page but there's some info there on uploading to groups and fan pages that might be helpful to you. It appears that you have to set permission for the plug-in to Public to be able to see all your albums.

Feb 08, 2013 at 05:37 AM
blutch
• • •
p.1 #8 · Lightroom Facebook Posting

Thanks James... I don't know how to get it to look for albums on other pages. Any ideas?

B

Feb 09, 2013 at 03:37 AM
blutch
• • •
p.1 #9 · Lightroom Facebook Posting

I have tried and tried to figure out how to do this through the Lightroom Facebook plug-in and I'm just not seeing how it is done. I cannot find the album I have created on the page I admin through this plugin. I only have one facebook account and can't figure out how to get it to publish to a page. Any other ideas here on this one?? THe FAQ does not show how to do it.

Feb 09, 2013 at 09:24 PM
blutch
• • •
p.1 #10 · Lightroom Facebook Posting

Ok.. i think I got it.. you have to first create the album where you want it, then you can get the plugin to point to it, but you have to setup an alternate publish of the facebook plugin each time you do this as far as I can tell. Too bad fb doesn't let you setup blank photo albums anymore. You actually have to upload a pic to create an album. :/ B.

Feb 09, 2013 at 10:41 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password