Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3              9       10       end

Archive 2013 · Are we over-geared ? (EF lenses)

PetKal
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Are we over-geared ? (EF lenses)

Gunzorro wrote:
Okay, I'll fess-up.

Just like my namesake, I'm a Junior, but borderline gear-dementia.

Jim, trust me, I know which way that cookie crumbles.

Feb 07, 2013 at 04:43 PM
Gunzorro
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Are we over-geared ? (EF lenses)

Ha-ha!

Peter -- That's why I replied: I respect your authority in the area!

Feb 07, 2013 at 04:46 PM
burningheart
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Are we over-geared ? (EF lenses)

Sorry Peter, but I consider all my Zeiss ZF's as a ZE and count them as an EF mount. They spend more time(with adapter) on Canon bodies than they do on other bodies therefore as demented as I am in my mind they are really EF mount lenses. If it wasn't for multi-platform use they would have been ZE's

Besides I refuse to be called Junior.

Feb 07, 2013 at 04:48 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Are we over-geared ? (EF lenses)

StillFingerz wrote:
I need a drink, Tequila please; straight, I'm hardcore addicted to gearz...I admit it OKAY

Jerry, you are not alone......we are many.

Feb 07, 2013 at 04:48 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Are we over-geared ? (EF lenses)

burningheart wrote:
Sorry Peter, but I consider all my Zeiss ZF's as a ZE and count them as an EF mount. They spend more time(with adapter) on Canon bodies than they do on other bodies therefore as demented as I am in my mind they are really EF mount lenses. If it wasn't for multi-platform use they would have been ZE's

Besides I refuse to be called Junior.

Robert, you seem to be trying, come hell or high water, to force fit your collection into the "dementia" level. Fine by me.

Feb 07, 2013 at 04:52 PM
nana kofi
• •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Are we over-geared ? (EF lenses)

As part of a rehab /recovery programme, I have gotten rid of the following lenses: 24-70L, 24-105Lx2, 16-35Lii, 24/1.4Lii, 35Lx2, 50Lx2, 100macro, 135L, 70-200/2.8ISL, 200/2.8L and 14Liix2. And I do feel a whole lot better now That's 16 lenses gone. (Actually, i have gotten rid of a whole lot more if I will be honest). My name is Nana and I am an addict

Feb 07, 2013 at 04:54 PM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Are we over-geared ? (EF lenses)

PetKal wrote:
Jerry, you are not alone......we are many.

Ya know Peter, the weight of that silvery, leather clad, Yashica Electro 35 Rangefinder was just a tease.
The real hook was seeing...differently...all that we miss along our journey, without viewfinder

Feb 07, 2013 at 04:58 PM
john_edwards
• • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Are we over-geared ? (EF lenses)

Since I sold 9 eos's, I'm now an artist. On the alt board it's best not to go there

Feb 07, 2013 at 05:02 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Are we over-geared ? (EF lenses)

nana kofi wrote:
As part of a rehab /recovery programme, I have gotten rid of the following lenses: 24-70L, 24-105Lx2, 16-35Lii, 24/1.4Lii, 35Lx2, 50Lx2, 100macro, 135L, 70-200/2.8ISL, 200/2.8L and 14Liix2. And I do feel a whole lot better now That's 16 lenses gone. (Actually, i have gotten rid of a whole lot more if I will be honest). My name is Nana and I am an addict

Nana, you are showing us the way to light.

Feb 07, 2013 at 05:04 PM
burningheart
• • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Are we over-geared ? (EF lenses)

nana kofi wrote:

Hey you really need to take a drag of the new 24-70L MKII, it will be good for you, you will be so glad you did. Besides it wouldn't hurt to just take one quick shot, you know you want to. Here just hold it in your hands, ah now don't you feel so much better .

Now that you have tried that here is something that will make you soar amoung the clouds one of master Peter's 500L MKII, or if you need to be grounded try a 17 T+S, be kind to yourself.

Feb 07, 2013 at 05:06 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Are we over-geared ? (EF lenses)

john_edwards wrote:
Since I sold 9 eos's, I'm now an artist. On the alt board it's best not to go there

John, a true artist will always conquer and shed gears in order to start practicing his/her art finally.

Feb 07, 2013 at 05:07 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Are we over-geared ? (EF lenses)

burningheart wrote:
Hey you really need to take a drag of the new 24-70L MKII, it will be good for you, you will be so glad you did. Besides it wouldn't hurt to just take one quick shot, you know you want to. Here just hold it in your hands, ah now don't you feel so much better .

Now that you have tried that here is something that will make you soar amoung the clouds one of master Peter's 500L MKII, or if you need to be grounded try a 17 T+S, be kind to yourself.

Good try, Robert, but sadly, my own malady and weakness are telephoto lenses, that is why I am relatively immune to the lure of smaller ones.

Feb 07, 2013 at 05:11 PM
john_edwards
• • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Are we over-geared ? (EF lenses)

Ack, just remembered the 40 pancake arrived two days ago......back with the hackers

Feb 07, 2013 at 05:13 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Are we over-geared ? (EF lenses)

I might have spoken too hastily about your art, John.

Feb 07, 2013 at 05:14 PM
burningheart
• • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Are we over-geared ? (EF lenses)

PetKal wrote:
Good try, Robert, but sadly, my own malady and weakness are telephoto lenses, that is why I am relatively immune to the lure of smaller ones.

I speak for everyone addict and we really think you need to show us some challenging BIF shots using ultra wides you know broaden your horizons.

Feb 07, 2013 at 05:18 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Are we over-geared ? (EF lenses)

burningheart wrote:
I speak for everyone addict and we really think you need to show us some challenging BIF shots using ultra wides you know broaden your horizons.

Not a bad suggestion, Robert....... how wide do you want me to go with those BIF shots ?

Feb 07, 2013 at 05:22 PM
burningheart
• • • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Are we over-geared ? (EF lenses)

As wide as you can, maybe even with an 8-15 at 8mm. Just think circular BIFs.

Feb 07, 2013 at 05:25 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Are we over-geared ? (EF lenses)

burningheart wrote:
As wide as you can, maybe even with an 8-15 at 8mm. Just think circular BIFs.

I just knew you were going to suggest that, you an evil man .

Feb 07, 2013 at 05:27 PM
sirimiri
• • • •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Are we over-geared ? (EF lenses)

Peter,

1. Can I include stolen lenses now living on another continent?
2. Can I include my Contax 645-Canon EF adapter? It makes every lens fully functional on an EOS camera, just as Papa Contax made 'em.

Feb 07, 2013 at 05:33 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · Are we over-geared ? (EF lenses)

sirimiri wrote:
Peter,

1. Can I include stolen lenses now living on another continent?
2. Can I include my Contax 645-Canon EF adapter? It makes every lens fully functional on an EOS camera, just as Papa Contax made 'em.

(1) Yes. I assume those are lenses stolen from you, and not lenses you stole and sold to someone in South America ?
(2) No, sorry, no adapters.....that's them rules of the maison.

Feb 07, 2013 at 05:37 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.