New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · FM plug ins and actions

JimKied
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · FM plug ins and actions

As I lurk around on the threads, I often see folks recommend an FM action or plugin. I use CS6. When I go to look at them, I notice that most (all?) of them appear to be compatible with earlier versions of CS. Does anyone know if they work with CS6?

Feb 07, 2013 at 02:29 PM
Bifurcator
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · FM plug ins and actions

You double posted this. So you might wanna go to the other one and delete it.

For plug-ins if it doesn't work in your version of CS then you're at the mercy of the developer for updates.

For actions just run it with the command list open in the Actions tab and watch if and where it quits or has troubles.

That list is editable so you can insert, delete, and modify all of the various commands. Thus it's very easy to fix broken areas or change the actions (scripts) to work with your plug-ins and/or fit your particular work-flow.

As far as compatibility goes I think even the most ancient of scripts (actions) will execute on the current CS6 - although, as I pointed out, you may have to edit something to get it to work.

Insert:
Open or create a blank image, click inside the action list where you want the new command to appear, click on the record action button, do whatever you want and the new command will be inserted as you do them, click stop recording when done. If you wish to insert something that is dependent on a previous tool then run that parent tool before clicking the record button.

Delete:
Select the action item or range of items you wanna delete and select Delete from the Action tab menu.

Modify:
Open or create a small blank image, turn on the panel for the tool (action item) you want to modify if it's not already on, double-click the the action item you wish to modify, when the tool's dialogue panel opens enter the new values you want and click ok. The new values are now recorded back to the script for that tool. No need to press Record or anything.

Saving:
Once the script is as you like you can save (export) it to disk by selecting the Action Set header and saving from the Action tab menu. To save it for use as is every time you open PS just quit PS and reopen it and all the work you did will be saved to wherever PS keeps it's internal scripts.

more here: http://www.photoshopessentials.com/basics/photoshop-actions/

Feb 07, 2013 at 04:29 PM
James_N
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · FM plug ins and actions

I have three Fred Miranda plug-ins installed under the 32-bit version of Photoshop CS6 (Windows 7): BW Workflow Pro v1.51, Intellisharpen v2.5, and Velvia Vision v1.5

These are the latest versions but the installers are old and they don't automatically detect Photoshop versions after CS3. I worked around that by manually entering the path to the installation location (the Photoshop Plug-ins folder). For example, when I ran any of the three installers they defaulted to the following path which obviously is insufficient: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe. So I manually entered the full path of "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6\Plug-ins" in the installation box and they installed correctly.

Then finally, since I like to keep things organized, I created a folder in the Plug-ins Folder called FM Plugins and dragged the three plug-ins into it. Note that this has no effect on the operation of the plug-ins; Photoshop still detects them correctly and they can be run from the File > Automate menu. I haven't attempted to install them under the 64-bit version of Photoshop; I figure that since they haven't been updated for a while its doubtful that they are 64-bit compatible.

With that said, I don't ever remember using these plug-ins other than to play around with them; there are others like the Nik Software plug-ins that, in my opinion, give superior results.

JimKied wrote:
As I lurk around on the threads, I often see folks recommend an FM action or plugin. I use CS6. When I go to look at them, I notice that most (all?) of them appear to be compatible with earlier versions of CS. Does anyone know if they work with CS6?

Feb 07, 2013 at 05:13 PM
JimKied
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · FM plug ins and actions

Thanks for the info guys. Sorry about the double posting, I did it from my Nexus 4, didn't know I double posted. Where is the other post? I don't see it?

Feb 07, 2013 at 07:11 PM
Bifurcator
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · FM plug ins and actions

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1188322

Feb 08, 2013 at 03:38 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.