Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · 1DX price getting lower in Bangkok

Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · 1DX price getting lower in Bangkok

The FotoFile shop in Bangkok is now selling the 1DX for $ 6185. That's their credit card price for 6 months payments without interest. If you pay CASH you will get it for a little bit lower price (about $ 100 less)
http://www.fotofile.net/product_cate.php?qid=12

Great shop with excellent service. All prices are for foreigners and tourist that don't have to pay the VAT. It's Thailands largest photo store and a Canon retailer with warranty and everything else from Canon

Feb 07, 2013 at 08:06 AM
Stoffer
• • •
p.1 #2 · 1DX price getting lower in Bangkok

Lars, maybe you should setup up a Canon export/import-business i Bangkok for the sole purpose of serving all FM members.

Just kidding, the import tax of 25 percent + shipping would probably make it almost as expensive to ship to Denmark as just buying the goods here locally. But if I ever get to Bangkok again, I would think about checking that store out, so thanks.

Feb 07, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Rickuz
• •
p.1 #3 · 1DX price getting lower in Bangkok

That's where I buy all my gear. Awesome place.

Feb 07, 2013 at 02:10 PM
Paul Mo
• • • •
p.1 #4 · 1DX price getting lower in Bangkok

They're ok. One thing they could do is divert some of that profit to maintaining their website so we knew what the true prices are, and the ebb and flow and location of their used gear. It's pretty common among Thai camera stores to almost completely ignore their sites.

Feb 08, 2013 at 03:00 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · 1DX price getting lower in Bangkok

Paul Mo wrote:
They're ok. One thing they could do is divert some of that profit to maintaining their website so we knew what the true prices are, and the ebb and flow and location of their used gear. It's pretty common among Thai camera stores to almost completely ignore their sites.

The price on their website is true. 199,000 baht for the 1DX (credit card) They always have "true" prices on their website for lenses/cameras. But you usually get some discount if paying cash for an expensive lens/camera.
I agree that the used gear could be updated more often so you really know what they have.
But I suppose it's rather difficult also when they have about ten shops in Bangkok. And they often transfer those lenses/cameras from one shop to another.

Feb 08, 2013 at 03:09 AM
cputeq
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · 1DX price getting lower in Bangkok

(Sing to beat of Murray Head's "Chess / One Night in Bangkok" song)

"One night in Bangkok, Canon prices tumble.
"Pick up a 1Dx for six G's."
"Their site is rough and it might make you stumble."
"But don't you worry it has warranty."
"I can see my wife wanting to kill me."

Cheesy I know

Feb 08, 2013 at 03:13 AM
dolina
• • • •
p.1 #7 · 1DX price getting lower in Bangkok

Thanks for sharing Lars. HK has it for 5740 USD about two weeks ago.

Makes you wonder how much margins, taxes, duties and other misc gets added up to MSRP.

Feb 08, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · 1DX price getting lower in Bangkok

Wow $ 5740 is a great price. Was that from a authorized Canon dealer ?

Feb 08, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · 1DX price getting lower in Bangkok

cputeq wrote:
(Sing to beat of Murray Head's "Chess / One Night in Bangkok" song)

"One night in Bangkok, Canon prices tumble.
"Pick up a 1Dx for six G's."
"Their site is rough and it might make you stumble."
"But don't you worry it has warranty."
"I can see my wife wanting to kill me."

Cheesy I know

Feb 08, 2013 at 12:47 PM
dolina
• • • •
p.1 #10 · 1DX price getting lower in Bangkok

Lars Johnsson wrote:
Wow $ 5740 is a great price. Was that from a authorized Canon dealer ?

Will canon USA honor warranties from sister companies from the orient? I believe it is grey but given that the warranty will lapse before manufacurer-related faults appear makes one bold to get from reputable grey sources.

An acquaintance was able to get a 400/2.8 is ii for about 10,150 USD. His lens cap has the stitching of 400 and 800 on it. I was quoted that the 600/4 is ii is about $12,100 but my aquaintance can probably get it for your Bangkok price or the Canadian price before sales tax.

Btw I am quickly discovering that now until feb 18 are the worst times to buy anything made in china. Prices are skyrocketing because of the Chinese New Year.

Feb 08, 2013 at 01:59 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

chris78cpr
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · 1DX price getting lower in Bangkok

Is this place in BKK pretty cheap for most camera kit? I fly into BKK and HKG a lot and am never sure which one is the best place to buy?

Feb 08, 2013 at 06:03 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #12 · 1DX price getting lower in Bangkok

chris78cpr wrote:
Is this place in BKK pretty cheap for most camera kit? I fly into BKK and HKG a lot and am never sure which one is the best place to buy?

Everything has low price compared to UK or Europe. It's less hassle, bargaining and cheating than HK (IMO)

Feb 08, 2013 at 06:06 PM
chris78cpr
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · 1DX price getting lower in Bangkok

That is very true Lars. I don't mind a bit of bargaining, i find it fun, i just want to make sure i get official gear at the best price.

Feb 08, 2013 at 06:11 PM
dolina
• • • •
p.1 #14 · 1DX price getting lower in Bangkok

chris i only go to a couple places in HK refereed to me by friendly mostly out of a good reputation. Other places as Lars pointed out are a headache to deal with.

I'd shop wherever is more convenient.

Feb 09, 2013 at 01:07 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.1 #15 · 1DX price getting lower in Bangkok

dolina wrote:
An acquaintance was able to get a 400/2.8 is ii for about 10,150 USD. His lens cap has the stitching of 400 and 800 on it.

That is very odd, why would that be ?

Feb 09, 2013 at 01:57 AM
dolina
• • • •
p.1 #16 · 1DX price getting lower in Bangkok

PetKal wrote:
That is very odd, why would that be ?

Canon's probably discontinued the leather lens cap of the 800 and are issuing the canvas/cloth lens cap that comes with the Series II lenses with the 800.

I do not mind the change. I like the newer cap better.

I was surprised myself when I saw it. I should've taken a photo of it when I saw it.

Feb 09, 2013 at 02:15 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.1 #17 · 1DX price getting lower in Bangkok

dolina wrote:
Canon's probably discontinued the leather lens cap of the 800 and are issuing the canvas/cloth lens cap that comes with the Series II lenses with the 800.

I do not mind the change. I like the newer cap better.

I was surprised myself when I saw it. I should've taken a photo of it when I saw it.

Yes, that would be a good way of explaining it. Let us hope that Canon will also start supplying 200 f/2, 400DO and 800L with the new wide lens strap B.
(I had to buy it separately for my 800L)

Feb 09, 2013 at 02:23 AM
dolina
• • • •
p.1 #18 · 1DX price getting lower in Bangkok

PetKal wrote:
Yes, that would be a good way of explaining it. Let us hope that Canon will also start supplying 200 f/2, 400DO and 800L with the new wide lens strap B.
(I had to buy it separately for my 800L)

I'm eyeing the op/tec utility strap for easy attach and detachment of strap. The bundled strap can obstruct operation.

Feb 09, 2013 at 02:30 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.1 #19 · 1DX price getting lower in Bangkok

dolina wrote:
I'm eyeing the op/tec utility strap for easy attach and detachment of strap. The bundled strap can obstruct operation.

Not at all.....I find them perfect. ......and I've got them on 6 heavy lenses.

Feb 09, 2013 at 02:42 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #20 · 1DX price getting lower in Bangkok

I still have all my camera and lens straps in their small plastic bags that they came in. It must be 8-10 straps. They have never been used

Feb 09, 2013 at 03:22 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password