Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Couldn't resist posting this since its "light-relate...

John Power
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Couldn't resist posting this since its "light-related"

It's been a while since I've posted in this form or on this website for that matter because my interest has turned back to guitar now that a medical condition involving my hands has resolved.

For this reason, I am selling a lot of my stuff and that includes 2 very high quality light stands and a very nice boom and stand. I posted an ad on Craigslist and just got an email asking me if I still had the items for sale.

I replied yes to the email and immediately got the following response:

"Are the lights included?"

Some people are ever hopeful for a free lunch.

Just thought some of you guys might get a chuckle out of that.

Feb 06, 2013 at 08:41 PM
fsiagian
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Couldn't resist posting this since its "light-related"

It reminds me to my experience on CL when I was selling my D7000 (body only). On the phone, he asked me whether I have a lens. I said yes and I would bring it so he could test the camera. We met at Target. He liked the camera and negotiated the price a little bit. I agreed. He paid me and put both the camera and the lens on a bag. I said the price was for the camera only and he cancelled the transaction because he wanted the (expensive) lens too. Easy, I just said no and returned to my car

Feb 06, 2013 at 08:48 PM
Mark_L
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Couldn't resist posting this since its "light-related"

Cheapskates are everywhere and are usually the most demanding and picky too. Anyone who has ever put 'or nearest offer' on an ebay auction knows this all too well as the ridiculous offers roll in.

Feb 06, 2013 at 11:02 PM
swoop
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Couldn't resist posting this since its "light-related"

I hate selling stuff online. It's often easier just to trade stuff in. Even though you only get a fraction of the value, not having to deal with cheapskates and even worse, renters, who only buy stuff to use and then return.

Feb 10, 2013 at 07:09 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password