Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Silent Monopod

blutch
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Silent Monopod

I have an aluminum Giottos monopod that I like a lot. The problem is, that it is very noisy. No matter what position the tubes are in, it jangles any time I move it. Since I specialize in concert and theater photography, this is a major problem.

So, I'd like to buy a decent monopod that is absolutely silent when you move it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

B

Feb 06, 2013 at 08:20 PM
sjms
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Silent Monopod

Feisol CM 1471R MP

http://www.feisol.net/feisol-monopod-cm1471-rapid-p-6.html

Feb 06, 2013 at 08:42 PM
johnip
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Silent Monopod

I've got that one, and the only thing that makes noise is the hand strap. More specifically, the ring holding it on the monopod. The metal-on-metal contact makes for some killer screeching noises when it spins. Wish it was removable without destroying it.

Feb 07, 2013 at 12:46 AM
sjms
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Silent Monopod

just tape it down and out of the way

Feb 07, 2013 at 02:35 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Bifurcator
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Silent Monopod

12kg load, three section, anti-rotational twist lock, headless, 63", aluminum-alloy $49 Monopod. - Zero noise with this one - not even the hand-strap.

Feb 07, 2013 at 04:18 AM
macdane

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Silent Monopod

sjms wrote:
Feisol CM 1471R MP

http://www.feisol.net/feisol-monopod-cm1471-rapid-p-6.html

This really is the best value I've ever seen in monopods. In the dark it's indistinguishable from my buddy's (vastly more expensive) Gitzo, and a piece of gaffers tape or duct tape around the top renders it silent.

macdane

Feb 07, 2013 at 12:56 PM
blutch
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Silent Monopod

So embarrassed. I went to the local camera store to put my hands on some of these monopods. I noticed the more expensive ones all rattled when I moved them.. weird. I mentioned it to a sales person. He proceeded to unscrew the foot and take out three metal legs that are stored inside the monopod. I totally forgot that mine had these legs as well. I went out to the car and took them out and end of problem. He saved me some money today!

Thanks for all the help. B

Feb 09, 2013 at 03:40 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password