Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · Show your favorite January shot

Deborah Kolt
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Show your favorite January shot

Here's the challenge: Post your favorite shot from the month of January. One photo only. It doesn't have to be your "best," which is a wildly subjective and vague concept anyway. Just your favorite. Maybe something new that you tried, a photo that really captured the event, or something that reminded you why you do this. Or maybe a photo that just made you smile. Since we are talking about "favorite," there is no wrong selection.

You can explain why it's your favorite or not. Justification is not required.

Note: They've done this monthly on the Wedding forum, and it has produced some very interesting and creative threads. Surely we can do as well over here.

I'll start. Newly renovated gym, blindingly light. A heated cross-town rivalry with a full crowd, even though the game was postponed until Monday because of the weather. High flying, and more blocked shots than I've ever seen in a high school game. Who doesn't enjoy shooting ISO 6400, f/4, 1/1000 sec? Plus two teams who really showed emotion. Shot with Canon 1Dx and 24-70 2.8L Mark II.

Feb 06, 2013 at 06:42 PM
capitalK
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Show your favorite January shot

Sergey Tolchinsky, a Russian playing for the Soo Greyhounds OHL hockey team. He is small, fast and a lot of fun to watch. I love the tenacity he shows in this shot, where even though he is sliding on his belly after being tripped up he is still going after the puck.

Feb 06, 2013 at 07:23 PM
Monkey Falls
• •
p.1 #3 · Show your favorite January shot

Definitely not my best shot of the month, but I had a blast getting in the pool with the team to get some underwater actions shots. This was a spontaneous shot where they all just gathered in the center of the pool and said, "take our picture now!!" This is the team's favorite of the day.

Feb 06, 2013 at 07:40 PM
Deborah Kolt
• •
p.1 #4 · Show your favorite January shot

Monkey Falls wrote:

Definitely not my best shot of the month, but I had a blast getting in the pool with the team to get some underwater actions shots. This was a spontaneous shot where they all just gathered in the center of the pool and said, "take our picture now!!" This is the team's favorite of the day.

http://www.crystalcityphotography.com/photos/i-bGzjmrr/0/L/i-bGzjmrr-L.jpg

Fantastic idea!

Feb 06, 2013 at 08:01 PM
Carl Auer
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · Show your favorite January shot

One of Maxpreps top Basketball shots of the week in January

Feb 06, 2013 at 08:47 PM
hanson16
• •
p.1 #6 · Show your favorite January shot

This is probably mine !

Feb 06, 2013 at 09:02 PM
mkchang
• • •
p.1 #7 · Show your favorite January shot

Feb 06, 2013 at 10:36 PM
AndyD
• •
p.1 #8 · Show your favorite January shot

Not another out of bound!

D4, 48mm @ f2.8, 1/800, ISO 4000
1-27-13

Cheers,
Andy

Feb 06, 2013 at 10:52 PM
sklar
• •
p.1 #9 · Show your favorite January shot

Cool idea.

I'm going to go with this one.

Feb 06, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Russ Isabella
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · Show your favorite January shot

King James

Feb 06, 2013 at 11:16 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

21reddog

p.1 #11 · Show your favorite January shot

an athletic Corgi

Feb 06, 2013 at 11:40 PM
John Korduner
• • •
p.1 #12 · Show your favorite January shot

Feb 07, 2013 at 12:39 AM
amlsml
• • •
p.1 #13 · Show your favorite January shot

Some great shots here, Love the pool shot, great idea!!! My son playing hockey!

Feb 07, 2013 at 01:07 AM
corvus
• • • •
p.1 #14 · Show your favorite January shot

Winning is more fun than losing - which they did the following night of this tournament.

Feb 07, 2013 at 01:09 AM
Frank Lauri
• • • •
p.1 #15 · Show your favorite January shot

A shot of my nephew....this was his reaction after beating another wrestler on OT.

Feb 07, 2013 at 01:45 AM
Deborah Kolt
• •
p.1 #16 · Show your favorite January shot

The amount of emotion in these is great. Keep them coming!

Feb 07, 2013 at 03:09 AM
pbjunkiee

p.1 #17 · Show your favorite January shot

Feb 07, 2013 at 04:02 AM
Scott Sewell
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · Show your favorite January shot

Okay, my favorite isn't a photo I actually took, but I do have permission to posts/use it.

My daughter has been in marching band since she was a freshman in high school. This May she will graduate with a degree in music education. So, for the last nine years we've been "band parents". She was part of student staff this year at Kansas State and even though she wasn't marching on the field she was part of the marching band. I happen to be the photographer for the marching band, too.

This is a photo a good friend of mine captured after the band's half-time performance at the Fiesta Bowl in early January. As she walked by me after the performance I saw tears in her eyes and we hugged and both cried. And hugged and cried some more. Then, after I walked away from her my friend chimped the photos on the back of his camera. I lost it again. Hey, I'm a proud Dad, what can I say. The couple dozen photos he took were priceless to me.

So, this is hands down my favorite shot from January. Thanks for letting me share the story. I'll see if I can find an action shot I actually took to post. I think this thread idea is a good one.

Feb 07, 2013 at 05:50 AM
jspytek
• •
p.1 #19 · Show your favorite January shot

Favorite shot - not best - but I like the emotion involved - I shot our local cub scouts pinewood derby.

Feb 07, 2013 at 08:40 AM
Rich Images

p.1 #20 · Show your favorite January shot

It's nice when the player scores a goal and decides to scream and shoot fake arrows in your direction with his fake bow.

Feb 07, 2013 at 11:29 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password