Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Sponsorship on Sportshooters?

xmattkx
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Sponsorship on Sportshooters?

I want to sign up for sportshooters, but they want to know that I am "legit".. I have a lot of FB here, anyone want to sponsor me??

Feb 06, 2013 at 07:47 AM
borderlight
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Sponsorship on Sportshooters?

You forgot to say their rules require a "senior member" of Sportshooters to sponsor you. It has nothing to do with "legit" unless their other requirement for 10 sports photos matters to them (it does). You may "have a lot of FB here", but where would that be located on FM? Minus a portfolio link here, or without your real name, not your FM handle, it seems that sponsorship will be on indefinite hold. You might want to read their requirements again.

http://www.sportsshooter.com/news/1279

Feb 06, 2013 at 03:21 PM
BenV
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · Sponsorship on Sportshooters?

I'm a bit lost, why does that site require you to know someone already on it? Do they hand out work or something?

Feb 06, 2013 at 05:39 PM
xmattkx
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · Sponsorship on Sportshooters?

Yep, I was directed to a thread over there and when I tried to register I was asked to get a referell... I guess according to borderlight, I am not legit enough

Feb 06, 2013 at 07:17 PM
borderlight
• • •
p.1 #5 · Sponsorship on Sportshooters?

Read the Sportshooter link. This has nothing to do with me. If you don't like their rules, don't join.

Feb 06, 2013 at 09:50 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

anthonysemone
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Sponsorship on Sportshooters?

BenV wrote:
I'm a bit lost, why does that site require you to know someone already on it? Do they hand out work or something?

Hey Ben, Only a guess here, but I'd reckon it is a group whose standards are organized around having met some established set of criteria that only those on the "inside" get to know about, but must also be demonstrated, and independently confirmed, hence, the referral requirement. Ya know, ya just can't have some ordinary guy who produces remarkable sport pictures showing up to demo their wares Unlike of course all those "slugs" who show up on all the other fora, e.g., Mustangs Air to Air, etc, and illustrate extraordinary competency taking pics of aircraft, or whatever, no referral required.

But, as my Italian grandfather used to say "Pizz on 'em"

Feb 06, 2013 at 10:32 PM
lara_ckl
• •
p.1 #7 · Sponsorship on Sportshooters?

Just curious, what benefits are you looking for (expecting?) by joining them?

Feb 06, 2013 at 10:38 PM
xmattkx
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · Sponsorship on Sportshooters?

Until I realized the kidney donation required, I was just trying to reply to a thread

Feb 07, 2013 at 06:37 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · Sponsorship on Sportshooters?

Yikes, it looks like an awful place with that mutual admiration society attitude.

That reminds me of a certain professional organization in my field. You have to be nominated by other members. Now I've been a professional in that area alone for about 30 years and cannot get in because I don't know anyone. Meanwhile people less than half my age with limited experience are in there. When I read some forums I'm just shaking my head at the nonsense and misinformation. If you have to post online to ask about how to perform your job function, then something is not right.

EBH

Feb 10, 2013 at 05:49 PM
xmattkx
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · Sponsorship on Sportshooters?

I would say we have a pretty amazing community here and it's open to everyone...

Feb 11, 2013 at 03:29 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password