Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Some wrestling from the Weekend

Steven King
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Some wrestling from the Weekend

Just a few shots from the last wrestling meet last weekend.

1 -

2 -

3 -

4 -

Feb 05, 2013 at 03:29 PM
Paulthelefty
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Some wrestling from the Weekend

1,2,4 all good shots. 3- it's the move, but no faces... Not sure it's a keeper.

Color and WB seem pretty good, but maybe a bit dark on all?

Those curtains are making your horizons look funny too. Not sure if they are/are not level, but maybe since that is the only semi-horizontal reference, you should use it as your horizon?

Thanks for sharing!

Paul

Feb 05, 2013 at 05:44 PM
Steven King
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Some wrestling from the Weekend

Thanks Paul,

I checked the level and you're right, the backgrounds make them all seem off, but they're all very close to correct. As far as #3 goes, no faces on the wrestlers, but I got the great look on the ref which is what I was going for, this was right before the guy was pinned and he saw it coming. I think they're all about -0.3 too. I would have strobed the mat but they switched the location last minute and I didn't have time to readjust to bring in my light stands and get the shots, otherwise I would have missed the Senior Day presentations, which would have been a big no-no. Oh well.

Feb 06, 2013 at 01:11 PM
Raymond

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Some wrestling from the Weekend

Paul:

Would you let me know what type of lens you used to take these shots and what settings you used? I have a 10 year old wrestler and I am considering a new lens. Focal length and lens speed, f2.8 70-200mm or f3.5 28-300mm.

Ray

Mar 24, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Geoffrey Bolte
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Some wrestling from the Weekend

Ray, get the 70-200 as the 28-300 3.5 is a variable aperture lens. So at 28 it will be 3.5 and at 300 it will be 5.6. In between it will go from 3.5-5.6 as you zoom. So the 70-200 at 2.8 would be best as it will stay at 2.8, only issue with it is its expensive. But it should be the last zoom you should need for indoor sports.

Mar 25, 2013 at 06:59 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.