Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Outdoor model shoot

helgshooter

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · Outdoor model shoot

Nice shots! Nice gear too

Feb 09, 2013 at 06:35 AM
KKFung
• • •
p.2 #2 · Outdoor model shoot

helgshooter wrote:
Nice shots! Nice gear too

Thanks Helgshooter!

Feb 12, 2013 at 01:51 PM
dwerther
• • •
p.2 #3 · Outdoor model shoot

Your first shot is super nice. I don't mind the limited DOF at all. As long as you nail the eyes I am fine with the OOF boots.

You sure have a doll there. Practically a real-life Anime character. Lovely!

One critique and one comment. I would clone out the white thing on the far left of the image. It is distracting and would be easy to replace with foliage from elsewhere in the shot. I caught this because I have almost the same shot/situation and I killed it from mine and thought it made the image better.

Regarding her eye size, If I was going to address it (and that would depend on the situation - if I was looking for perfection for a portfolio shot I would "fix" it. Otherwise maybe not.) I would try the liquify tool in your photo editor. Another avenue would be to use Portrait Professional, which could be adjusted to fix that without doing much else to the image. Again, if perfection was my goal, while I had the image in PP I would slim her face just a slight bit. She has more of a juvenile rounded face rather than a really slim model's face.

But again - I'm not sure I would touch any of that on a deliverable to her, unless you ran it by her first and she wanted it done.

Your work here is fabulous. I sure wish I could afford that kit!

Feb 12, 2013 at 02:46 PM
erikburd
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · Outdoor model shoot

Wow - excellent shots. I love that first one. The H&S shot is also very good. You did a great job on the lighting.

Feb 12, 2013 at 06:25 PM

sic0048
• •
p.2 #5 · Outdoor model shoot

I hope the first image really was a test shot. It's not that it isn't a nice image (exposure, etc), but it feels like a test image that was taken without a lot of thought behind it. For a serious image I'd like to see a different crop (one with the bench being used as leading lines more) and she needs to loose her pocketbook and jacket.

I'm personally not digging the bokah that the lens makes at f1.2, but that is a personal opinion I guess.

I really like the head shot image, although I agree that the eyes seem slightly too large. Nothing she can do about it, but a bit of PP might help.

Feb 12, 2013 at 07:38 PM
KKFung
• • •
p.2 #6 · Outdoor model shoot

dwerther wrote:
Your first shot is super nice. I don't mind the limited DOF at all. As long as you nail the eyes I am fine with the OOF boots.

You sure have a doll there. Practically a real-life Anime character. Lovely!

One critique and one comment. I would clone out the white thing on the far left of the image. It is distracting and would be easy to replace with foliage from elsewhere in the shot. I caught this because I have almost the same shot/situation and I killed it from mine and thought it made the image better.

Regarding her eye size, If
...Show more

Many thanks dwerther, totally agree that the white thing is distracting and she also told me her face is round in the photo. First of all I think my flash position was not correct, I should put it over her head and high enough instead of parallel to her, then slim her face in PP if necessary.

Feb 13, 2013 at 03:14 PM
KKFung
• • •
p.2 #7 · Outdoor model shoot

erikburd wrote:
Wow - excellent shots. I love that first one. The H&S shot is also very good. You did a great job on the lighting.

Thanks Erikburd! Hope I can do better next time

Feb 13, 2013 at 03:19 PM
KKFung
• • •
p.2 #8 · Outdoor model shoot

sic0048 wrote:
I hope the first image really was a test shot. It's not that it isn't a nice image (exposure, etc), but it feels like a test image that was taken without a lot of thought behind it. For a serious image I'd like to see a different crop (one with the bench being used as leading lines more) and she needs to loose her pocketbook and jacket.

I'm personally not digging the bokah that the lens makes at f1.2, but that is a personal opinion I guess.

I really like the head shot image, although I agree that the eyes
...Show more

Many thanks Sic0048, true I took these photos just concentrate my gear setting more than the the subject in the photo , not throughout before shutter release. A perfect shot is really not easy, I'm still learning on it and your comments really help.

Feb 13, 2013 at 03:26 PM
       end

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password