Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Antelope Canyon vs Slot Canyon Hummer Adventures

AFC168
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Antelope Canyon vs Slot Canyon Hummer Adventures

Hi all,

I'm planning to go to Page in early April and was wondering if any of you have been on the slot canyon hummer adventures? They advertise an essentially private tour of some slot canyons with 10 people or less guaranteed. If I were going alone, I would just do both of the Antelope Canyons, but since I'll be going with my wife and 7-year old daughter, this "private" tour sounds like it might make sense.

Any one been on this tour? Any one been on both this tour as well as the Antelope Canyon tours?

Thanks!

Feb 04, 2013 at 06:46 PM
stanparker
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Antelope Canyon vs Slot Canyon Hummer Adventures

I've done both Antelopes (Lower twice) and the Secret Canyon Hummer Tour. My favorite is Lower Antelope, but Secret is pretty good, mainly because it isn't crowded. I thought the Hummer trip was meant to add something, but not for me. The 7 YO might think it's neat. Problem with the Secret Canyon tour is cost...$85 when I went, probably more now. But, there were three of us plus the guide and lots of time in the slot.

Wire Pass and a bit of Buckskin Gulch might be a better family adventure. Certainly would cost less.

Feb 04, 2013 at 07:13 PM
AMaji
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Antelope Canyon vs Slot Canyon Hummer Adventures

We did not take the Hummer Adventure, but instead opted for a Night Shoot using Light Painting at the Upper Antelope Canyons. Lionel Bigthumb took us in his jeep through the back roads to the canyon after dark. It was a pretty adventurous ride. However, the experience of spending an evening in those canyons is really spiritual. The photographs were great, but the experience itself was really worth it.

Feb 04, 2013 at 08:41 PM
marcy45
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Antelope Canyon vs Slot Canyon Hummer Adventures

Did the Hummer tour with a small group (6) -it was nice as we got to go to a place called the "fins" to at sunset - we happened to get in a tour with a pro guide and his 2 clients and one other lady it was very personal and got some pointers from the pro -
this past fall we went back to Lower Antelope hoping to do the "photographer's" tour but they only allow persons with tripod and DSLR to go - no assistants (my husband helps me set up shots) so we did not do it again - next time I will take a 2nd body and tripod -to get around that mess

Feb 04, 2013 at 10:50 PM
Greg Campbell
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Antelope Canyon vs Slot Canyon Hummer Adventures

Another vote for Wire Pass and Buckskin. Wire is great fun, and the hike has a certain 'Descent into the Land of Dinosaurs' feel to it. Any 7 year old should find it most entertaining! IMO, there's a LOT to be said for roaming off into the wild without some bleeping guide yammering away in an attempt to provide constant 'entertainment' and distraction. (No ipods allowed either! )

There are some cool places along Cottonwood Canyon Road that are well worth a visit, road conditions and time permitting. Check http://www.usa-reporter.com/reporter/GSENM-Road-Condition-Report.pdf before heading off onto any of the dirt roads.

Do make sure that your daughter understands that one must constantly be alert (not terrified or paranoid, just aware) for snakes.

Feb 04, 2013 at 11:49 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password