Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · A bit of local Australian Ice Hockey

Adrian Fischer

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A bit of local Australian Ice Hockey

Fist time shooting Ice Hockey for a local club. Usual scenario, poor lighting that cycles. To add the drama of first time shooting, they use nets around the rink so I had to shoot through that which really only worked if you were shooting straight up the ice. Once you tried to shoot off at an angle, focusing went out the window and it was very hit and miss.One big lesson I learned was not to chase the play. The only lens I had on the day was 70-200 so chasing the action gave me lots of shots that when cropped tight just lost to much detail so they got binned. In future (and Im definitely doing it again), I will be patient. Would love to be able to strobe the rink. I was shooting down one end only from behind the goal. Ive seen other posts about strobing and bouncing off the ceiling. How do you mount the strobes just on fully extended light stands? How hight are the ceilings your bouncing off? Just a few questions there. Happy to have CC thanks for lookng.

When I finish editing Ill see if I can find more to post.

Feb 04, 2013 at 11:27 AM
steve126a

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A bit of local Australian Ice Hockey

Interesting. I sold my old goalie mask to a guy in Australia a few years back. I remember thinking it was a scam intially, saying "They don't play hockey in Australia!". Turns out it was legit, and they actually do play it down under!

Feb 05, 2013 at 06:57 PM
amlsml
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · A bit of local Australian Ice Hockey

Check out older post my Trevorma, he uses strobes and Speed-lights and gets some great shots

Feb 06, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Adrian Fischer

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · A bit of local Australian Ice Hockey

Its actually quite big in the scheme of things. We even have a national mens and womens team.

Thanks amlsml Ill check it out.

Feb 08, 2013 at 12:24 AM
mikepmcs
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · A bit of local Australian Ice Hockey

if you are not pressured for time...shoot in raw so you can adjust the white balance in a cycling light situation.
this picture is fine but it looks almost like it's posterizing due to extensive processing.
i'm sure the conditions were tough.

Feb 08, 2013 at 04:48 PM
cocodrillo
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · A bit of local Australian Ice Hockey

Someone down here was making noises a year or two back about how good it would be to have a 'friendly' series between the Australian and Canadian men's teams. Would be an interesting game to watch... I'm not sure the hippity-hoppies would make it to a second game.

Some really nasty looking light in that arena.

Feb 11, 2013 at 11:08 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password