Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Macro World Resource

FM Forums | Macro World | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Reflection on Glass

flyfishertoo
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Reflection on Glass

I am trying to get some photos of sea shells on glass. I like the reflection, but, I also get a ghost reflection which I don't particularly like. Any suggestions?

Feb 03, 2013 at 09:09 PM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Reflection on Glass

Make sure the glass and substrate below it are dust free. Is the ghosting you are speaking of the edge on the right hand side of the shell?
Douglas

Feb 03, 2013 at 11:43 PM
yogi3939
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Reflection on Glass

I see your ghost. The main reflection is off of the top side of the glass. The lighter ghost reflection is off the bottom side of the glass. You need to get a piece of anti glare glass or some other type that won't reflect from the bottom surface.

Feb 04, 2013 at 12:15 AM
flyfishertoo
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Reflection on Glass

I guess I should have been more specific. The area I am talking about is in the lower right hand corner. along the edge of the photo. I wish I had more, but I have been framing attempting to minimize. I don't believe the issue is caused from dirt/dust. It seems to be a reflection in the bottom edge of the glass.

Feb 04, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

flyfishertoo
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Reflection on Glass

Thank you yogi3939, that is the ghost I am talking about. I will try different glass.

Feb 04, 2013 at 12:18 AM
LordV
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Reflection on Glass

Lovely shot- think some people have success using black perspex for this type of thing.
Brian v.

Feb 04, 2013 at 07:14 AM
flyfishertoo
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Reflection on Glass

LordV wrote:
Lovely shot- think some people have success using black perspex for this type of thing.
Brian v.

Thanks for the suggestion and the compliment. If you are interested, I have a few more here. http://www.pbase.com/dltphotography/pad

When I get all the bugs worked out, I hope to do a series of photos.

Feb 04, 2013 at 05:18 PM

FM Forums | Macro World | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password