Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Carving Stone - Rodeo Beach

Matt Tilghman
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Carving Stone - Rodeo Beach

Hey all! Here's a new one from Rodeo Beach, in the Marin Headlands. Rodeo Beach is one of the most stunning beaches available in California's Bay Area. It draws throngs of photographers who come for its dramatic sea-stacks and sheer cliffs. These were the things that captivated me most on previous visits, but this time, I was far more intrigued by the giant rocks that line the beach. I could not help but think that if the beach wasn't protected as part of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area, scultpors and artists would have taken these rocks long ago, for the beautiful veins and intricate patterns. But just sitting on the shore, they are reserved for the world's oldest sculptor, slowly and methodically being fashioned into a living work of art, unequalled by any carved by human hands.

Hope you like it!

Carving Stone

Feb 03, 2013 at 07:40 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Carving Stone - Rodeo Beach

Hey Matt,

Now that is very cool. I like the sculpter who is working on these rocks the best, and He has done a great job.

Jim

Feb 03, 2013 at 09:30 PM
Matt Tilghman
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Carving Stone - Rodeo Beach

Thanks, Jim!

Feb 04, 2013 at 03:01 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password