Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
One new topic per day

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Three

Jon Buffington
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Three

Every morning and evening I pass this scene on my way to work. It is on the outskirts of the town I live. I have been envisioning capturing this with the right light however I have not wanted to drive to it at an opportune time, but rather wait for the timing of the seasons to capture it on the way home from work. I just happened to have a camera in the car yesterday (usually don't have one) and was on my way home when I noticed the eastern sky becoming the lovely pastel hues that happen after sunset. I pulled over and snapped this. Though nothing incredibly special, it was to me a magical moment as I have been hoping to capture this on my afternoon commute for the past year.

5dmkII, sigma 24-70exdgf2.8, iso 640 f5.6 at 1/80 w/ cpl (for those who care to know)

Feb 02, 2013 at 08:30 PM
blueshadows
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Three

Jon, you've captured a good example of time passing by. Like wooden grain elevators, wait too long and they disappear. The light is perfect for this. Sure, as you say nothing special, but...it is enjoyable nonetheless. The distant treeline almost mimics the stone, too—short and stout, tall and stately, and scruffy.

Do you know what these are/were?

Feb 03, 2013 at 05:34 PM
Jon Buffington
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Three

Thank you very much for your thoughts. I am not sure what these are but I am guessing old silos. They are located on the edge of a large pasture that is planted with crops every spring. Quite a few decaying old farm structures throughout this region and I see many of these with roofs long gone and shrubs/trees growing out of the center.

Feb 03, 2013 at 05:39 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password