Username  

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Opportunity Hartford CT?

Gerry Szarek
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Opportunity Hartford CT?

Good evening all,

I haven't been here in a while busy with life.

So my daughter played volley M King weekend in Hartford CT, all 3 days, 24 courts, going from 8AM to 8PM or so, not a single pro photographer.

Lighting details, 7D, 70-200F4, at F4, iso 12,500, F4, 1/500 to 1/1000 th. Mixed dome lighting with incandescent bulbs . Courts are close together, really close.

No I don't know who runs it, who contact, etc...

Yes I did get one awesome shot of daughter stuffing the ball back over the net .

Good Luck to all,
Gerry

Feb 01, 2013 at 08:34 PM
Marty Bingham
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Opportunity Hartford CT?

Gerry Szarek wrote:
Good evening all,

I haven't been here in a while busy with life.

So my daughter played volley M King weekend in Hartford CT, all 3 days, 24 courts, going from 8AM to 8PM or so, not a single pro photographer.

Lighting details, 7D, 70-200F4, at F4, iso 12,500, F4, 1/500 to 1/1000 th. Mixed dome lighting with incandescent bulbs . Courts are close together, really close.

Yes I did get one awesome shot of daughter stuffing the ball back over the net .

Good Luck to all,
Gerry

What are you trying to say?

Marty

Feb 01, 2013 at 09:09 PM
clarence3
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Opportunity Hartford CT?

Google translator:

My daughter was in a volleyball tournament during the Martin Luther King Jr 3-day weekend, January 19-21, 2013 in Hartford CT.

Even though there were 24 games going on at any given time, there was not a single professional photographer covering the event.

I had my 7D. But with a 70-200/4 lens, even shooting at wide open aperture, I still needed ISO 12800 to get shutter speeds of 1/500" or better.

I did manage to get a single shot of my daughter worth keeping, but I think this event could be an excellent opportunity for a professional photographer to cover next year.

Feb 01, 2013 at 09:45 PM
charlandk
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Opportunity Hartford CT?

I'm in the area and an avid Vball player. I'd go take shots next year.

Feb 01, 2013 at 09:47 PM
Marty Bingham
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Opportunity Hartford CT?

Thanks Clarence.

Marty

Feb 02, 2013 at 07:20 AM
P Alesse
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Opportunity Hartford CT?

Alesse Translator:

The reason there is no photographer there is because the expenses to cover an event with this much coverage would cost a company at least $2500 before a single shot is even taken. There is no money to be made in youth sports, especially at this level, with this kind of manpower spread needed to cover it adequately.

Feb 02, 2013 at 07:34 AM
Scott Sewell
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Opportunity Hartford CT?

P Alesse wrote:
Alesse Translator:

The reason there is no photographer there is because the expenses to cover an event with this much coverage would cost a company at least $2500 before a single shot is even taken. There is no money to be made in youth sports, especially at this level, with this kind of manpower spread needed to cover it adequately.

Ding, ding, ding!! Folks, we have a winner. Thanks for playing. Enjoy your weekend and drive safely on your way home

Feb 02, 2013 at 10:39 AM
clarence3
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Opportunity Hartford CT?

Gerry Szarek wrote:

http://newinterfest.com/contact-us/

Feb 02, 2013 at 01:55 PM
Gerry Szarek
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Opportunity Hartford CT?

Marty it is an opportunity if it is good lead fine, if not oh well I tried to be a nice guy.

Gerry

Feb 05, 2013 at 09:06 PM
brian_f2.8
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Opportunity Hartford CT?

Not many people buy photos from events like this. Parents go to cosco, buy a d7000 with a 18-55 and a 55-200 lens, shoot on sports mode and they are happy.
If someone can get a flat fee from the company it might be worth it. give some photos so the company can use for promotional use next year. shoot each team as a team photo and do individual head shots. if they say no, then build it into the entry fee for each team.
As mentioned before no one wants to invest their time to spec shoot girls volleyball.

Feb 08, 2013 at 06:35 PM
Geoffrey Bolte
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Opportunity Hartford CT?

Gerry, thats a tough age to make any money on spec sales. As Paul, Marty, Brian, etc have mentioned its no where worth the time and effort to make a few sales let alone the photographers needed to cover an event like that...

You could potentially work for the organization but they are in it for the $$ too and probably not looking to pay a photographer to come and shoot some images for them. Especially for the rate that should be charged.

Feb 08, 2013 at 08:40 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.