Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Finally, one of my special projects. Super Fans at Unive...

Carl Auer
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Finally, one of my special projects. Super Fans at University of Colorado

Been working on the planning for this for quite a while, and finally have caught up on my blog that I can present these.

January 27th, 2013 Boulder, CO - University of Colorado junior Nick Shearon, who is majoring in Mechanical Engineering, dresses up for the Colorado Buffaloes basketball games as "Buff Man". The "Super Buffs" of the CUnit (Colorado's Student Section) are pushing hard to win the 2013 Naismith Student Section of the Year after being a finalist last year. (Carl Auer/Cal Sport Media)

January 27th, 2013 Boulder, CO - University of Colorado Sophomore John Grotenhuis, who is majoring in Mechanical Engineering, dresses up for the Colorado Buffaloes basketball games as "Buff Hair". The "Super Buffs" of the CUnit (Colorado's Student Section) are pushing hard to win the 2013 Naismith Student Section of the Year after being a finalist last year. (Carl Auer/Cal Sport Media)

January 27th, 2013 Boulder, CO - University of Colorado junior Courtney Benejam, who is majoring in Business Management, dresses up for the Colorado Buffaloes basketball games as "Buff Girl". The "Super Buffs" of the CUnit (Colorado's Student Section) are pushing hard to win the 2013 Naismith Student Section of the Year after being a finalist last year. (Carl Auer/Cal Sport Media)

January 27th, 2013 Boulder, CO - University of Colorado freshman Sean Helmer, who is majoring in International Affairs, dresses up for the Colorado Buffaloes basketball games as "Iron Buff". The "Super Buffs" of the CUnit (Colorado's Student Section) are pushing hard to win the 2013 Naismith Student Section of the Year after being a finalist last year. (Carl Auer/Cal Sport Media)

January 27th, 2013 Boulder, CO - University of Colorado Alumni Jamey Graham, who has his degree in Aerospace Engineering, dresses up for the Colorado Buffaloes basketball games as "Captain AmeriBuff". The "Super Buffs" of the CUnit (Colorado's Student Section) are pushing hard to win the 2013 Naismith Student Section of the Year after being a finalist last year. (Carl Auer/Cal Sport Media)

January 27th, 2013 Boulder, CO - University of Colorado 5th year senior Kyle Wolma, who is working on his MS in Astrodynamics and Satellite Navigation, BS in Aerospace Engineering and BS in Applied Math, dresses up for the Colorado Buffaloes basketball games as "Flash Buff". The "Super Buffs" of the CUnit (Colorado's Student Section) are pushing hard to win the 2013 Naismith Student Section of the Year after being a finalist last year. (Carl Auer/Cal Sport Media)

January 27th, 2013 Boulder, CO - University of Colorado sophomore Matt Pitzer, who is majoring in Political Science, dresses up for the Colorado Buffaloes basketball games as "The Incredible Buff". The "Super Buffs" of the CUnit (Colorado's Student Section) are pushing hard to win the 2013 Naismith Student Section of the Year after being a finalist last year. (Carl Auer/Cal Sport Media)

January 27th, 2013 Boulder, CO - University of Colorado senior Sean Espinoza, who is majoring in Broadcast News, dresses up for the Colorado Buffaloes basketball games as "BatBuff". The "Super Buffs" of the CUnit (Colorado's Student Section) are pushing hard to win the 2013 Naismith Student Section of the Year after being a finalist last year. (Carl Auer/Cal Sport Media)

January 27th, 2013 Boulder, CO - University of Colorado junior Grant Adams, who is majoring in Business Management, dresses up for the Colorado Buffaloes basketball games in the original "Buff Man" costume and goes by the nickname "Buff Mk1". The "Super Buffs" of the CUnit (Colorado's Student Section) are pushing hard to win the 2013 Naismith Student Section of the Year after being a finalist last year. (Carl Auer/Cal Sport Media)

Feb 01, 2013 at 10:05 PM
hleidich
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Finally, one of my special projects. Super Fans at University of Colorado

These are pretty good Carl...the costumes are great but do they put on a good show at the games?

Feb 02, 2013 at 05:20 PM
gtjohnson
• • •
p.1 #3 · Finally, one of my special projects. Super Fans at University of Colorado

Love the lighting effects! I'm just starting to learn flash ... any chance you could share your setup with these? I never paid any attention to lighting in the past, now I'm facinated by the different ways people use it.

Thanks for posting!
Gary

Feb 02, 2013 at 05:39 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Carl Auer
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · Finally, one of my special projects. Super Fans at University of Colorado

No, they do not put on a show. They sit front row, do some promos for the team, and lead cheers with the cheerleaders.

Feb 02, 2013 at 05:43 PM
Paulthelefty
• • •
p.1 #5 · Finally, one of my special projects. Super Fans at University of Colorado

Curious to know your usage for these great images, which I am sure were fun to create!

I will guess at the lighting... Mains are left and right, looks hard so I will guess no modifiers, and a kiss of fill from the front, either on camera or slightly above it.

Love the set, hard to pick a favorite!

Paul

Feb 03, 2013 at 03:09 AM
Carl Auer
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · Finally, one of my special projects. Super Fans at University of Colorado

I had no specific use per say of these images planned. They are with my wire. With Colorado trying to win the Naismith Student Section award, if they win, I hope to see some play. That being said, I have been pushing them towards the university, hoping I could land a gig with the SID office.

Mains were 2 Vivitar 285's behind and on each side of the subject (should have gridded them, but thats ok). Main was grigged 580 EX II on camera at very low power for some fill. I think Buff Hair has grown on me.

Feb 03, 2013 at 03:13 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password