Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Oly OM-D EM-5 audio input?

Michael H
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Oly OM-D EM-5 audio input?

Looking at the specification, it does not appear this body accepts an external audio source for video. Can someone confirm if this is correct?

If this is the case, how are you getting around this? Just using a separate recording device and syncing in post?

Thanks in advance.

-mike

Feb 01, 2013 at 08:50 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Oly OM-D EM-5 audio input?

I don't use the OM-D for video. The OM-D does not natively have external audio input, but they do sell the Microphone Set 1, which adds an external audio jack by utilizing the accessory port on the hotshoe. I have not used it, but it's worth a look if you already own the OM-D.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=674887&is=REG&Q=&A=details

The GH3, though, is the real m4/3 video powerhouse...all your audio needs built in and probably the best video in an interchangeable lens camera outside of dedicated video units.

Feb 01, 2013 at 08:58 PM
Michael H
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Oly OM-D EM-5 audio input?

Thanks for the feedback Jman. I am considering a move into m4/3 and have been leaning toward the Oly, but I'm certainly not locked. Video will likely be a small part of what I do but it could grow.

Without doubt, my challenge has been to determine the best system for me. There are some very good options it seems. Olympus, Panasonic, Fuji, etc.

-mike

Feb 01, 2013 at 09:50 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Oly OM-D EM-5 audio input?

The nice thing about m4/3 is that if you prefer an OM-D for stills, you can get a GH3 for video work too and use all the same lenses. Especially lately, it seems that the two OEM m4/3 manufacturers are really complementing themselves well with new lenses...Olympus brings out some great compact primes...Panasonic adds high quality f/2.8 zooms and soon to add some faster longer glass and ultra-fast portrait prime.

Feb 01, 2013 at 10:21 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password