Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Deer in the Headlights

hobbiesarefun

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Deer in the Headlights

Disappeared for a while as school started, but as a second semester senior I have more time to focus on my photography, finally. Here was a shot I took a few nights ago before coming down with the flu, manually focused with my Sony A850 and a Minolta 50mm f/1.7. Look at the image before reading the text below it, please.

It was intentionally out of focus and meant to describe the feeling of fear and adrenaline at the sight of an oncoming car, while standing in the middle of the road at night. I'm posting it, curious to see whether that comes across or not. I'd love to hear any suggestions or concerns or critiques or anything else. Technical, conceptual, anything. Thanks!

Feb 01, 2013 at 05:43 PM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Deer in the Headlights

My first impression was that it needs to be zoomed in either by glass or feet. Further, if your title is literal, this should be a more rural scene.
Douglas

Feb 02, 2013 at 03:57 PM
killersnowman
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Deer in the Headlights

im enjoying what you have here. very great mood and feel. the oof-ness is pretty cool.

Feb 02, 2013 at 10:53 PM
JohnBrose
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Deer in the Headlights

The lights need to be much closer and have some motion to them I feel to get your point across. Right now, it just looks like a blurry picture of a car sitting in the road.

Feb 02, 2013 at 10:57 PM
hobbiesarefun

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Deer in the Headlights

The title isn't meant to be literal, so I'd prefer urban, but I definitely agree about the whole "needs to be closer" idea. That was my impression too. Ah well. Thanks

Feb 03, 2013 at 11:00 PM

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password