Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · HP ZR30W 30" LCD = POS

jamesmorophoto
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · HP ZR30W 30" LCD = POS

This is just a heads up to anyone thinking of getting HP's top of the line, 30" wide gamut display: the ZR30W.

STEER CLEAR!

you can read my review on amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A1JBLX2CPOKNLA/ref=ya_26?ie=UTF8&sort_by=MostRecentReview

basically, i'm on my 5th monitor.

The first two had cyan-magenta colorshifts across 50% of the monitor. I bitched at them, and finally got them to send me a brand new unit for the 3rd replacement. It had a slight color shift; so I just said screw it and decided to live with it....until 1 year later, when the power grid failed and it developed a 1 pixel wide yellow stripe from top to bottom on the monitor.

I had them send me another unit (told them I wanted a new one, but apparently it was refurbished). It had a dead pixel and banding issues. Now I get the 5th replacement in the mail today. I fired up photoshop, filled the canvas w/ black, and i'm sitting here looking at 30 + dead pixels like it's a starry night. A few minutes later, something happened with the refresh rate, and it started flashing horizontal lines across the screen--it was painful to even look at it.

IF you have a ZR30W and are having issues, DEMAND that they send you a new monitor and not a refurbished POS.

IF you are thinking of getting this monitor, SAVE YOUR MONEY and buy an NEC or a LaCie --hell, even an apply display would be light years better.

Feb 01, 2013 at 05:36 PM
jamesmorophoto
• • •
p.1 #2 · HP ZR30W 30" LCD = POS

Feb 01, 2013 at 05:40 PM
eskimochaos
• • •
p.1 #3 · HP ZR30W 30" LCD = POS

Loving my recently purchased U3011. Fantastic warranty and support, too.

Feb 01, 2013 at 11:45 PM
BluesWest
• • •
p.1 #4 · HP ZR30W 30" LCD = POS

Awful experience, James. Shows how far HP has fallen.

John

Feb 02, 2013 at 08:28 PM
WAYCOOL
• • • •
p.1 #5 · HP ZR30W 30" LCD = POS

80% failure rate I doubt HP would continue to sell this monitor if your were the typical experience. Warning noted but one persons anecdotal story is not enough to condemn a product.

Feb 02, 2013 at 09:50 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Picture This!
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · HP ZR30W 30" LCD = POS

Interesting I got the ZR30w more than a year ago. Guess I got lucky ? Its performed amazingly well with no color shifts I can see. I love the display ! Sorry to hear about your experience with it.

Feb 05, 2013 at 11:16 PM
jamesmorophoto
• • •
p.1 #7 · HP ZR30W 30" LCD = POS

how many of you have received replacement monitors from them? I'd be willing to bet that %99 percent of their refurbished units are just repackaged broken units. They're still trying to send me out another refurb. I told them flat out that that's unacceptable, as did the local travel agent. i'm still waiting on them to make up their makes (and probably send me another broken monitor). I currently have two broken units sitting at my place...

Feb 06, 2013 at 09:36 PM
jamesmorophoto
• • •
p.1 #8 · HP ZR30W 30" LCD = POS

I should also note, the most common buyer of this monitor are hardcore PC gamers. I doubt they have a keen eye for things like color shift, banding etc.

Feb 06, 2013 at 09:37 PM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · HP ZR30W 30" LCD = POS

What made you buy this monitor if majority of the buyers of this monitor are hardcore gamers?

Feb 07, 2013 at 12:19 AM
jamesmorophoto
• • •
p.1 #10 · HP ZR30W 30" LCD = POS

Sunny Sra wrote:
What made you buy this monitor if majority of the buyers of this monitor are hardcore gamers?

I bought it b/c I couldn't afford a LaCie and thought it was the next-best-thing.

***update**

Thanks to the awesome HP traveling rep, he was able to convince the retards in the warranty dept to issue me a brand new monitor. This one doesn't seem to have any problems like the past 3 refurbished units that were all defective.

Feb 07, 2013 at 08:14 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password