Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · LR(3) to PS export, what color space should I be using?

StephanieTo

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · LR(3) to PS export, what color space should I be using?

Noob to colour management.

I read someone else's comment on colour shifts but I don't think my question is the same. When exporting files from LR to PS for editing, what colour profile should I be using? I have been using ProPhoto to optimize it for printing, but when I re-import the images back into LR, and export it out as JPEG with ProPhoto colour space, some colour shifts occur. Colour shifts also occur if I save as JPEG directly from PS. So I must be doing something wrong. Is it Adobe RGB I should be using, and then converting it to ProPhoto only in the end when I am about to output print files?

Feb 01, 2013 at 05:00 PM
WAYCOOL
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · LR(3) to PS export, what color space should I be using?

First expanding the color space once reduced will not gain you anything so converting to prophoto after going down to rgb is useless. If you want the expanded gamut of prophoto stick with it all the way through. With photos that the gamut exceeds rgb no mater when you convert be it on export from lightroom or converting to display on the web there will be some color shift.

I stick with prophoto 16bit for all editing as my printer slightly exceeds aRGB and only use srgb for the web.

While aRGB is not as wide as prophoto you will experiane nearly the same color shift to srgb as with prophoto.

Feb 01, 2013 at 05:24 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password