Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
One new topic per day

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Yosemite in February access..?

Dustin Gent
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Yosemite in February access..?

So I am flying down to SF probably 3rd week of February and was wondering what is "off-limits", as far as attractions are. Will be camping for a few days, so have time to explore a bit.

Thanks for any advice

Feb 01, 2013 at 06:15 AM
Dingsbums
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Yosemite in February access..?

Dustin,

I all depends on the weather but the high country will definitely be off limits. But there is a lot you can do in the lower regions of the valley. You will be able to explore the valley floor, you may even be able hike up "mist trail" to the falls. Enjoy the mirror lake trail. You will have access to the river, to the big granite faces and several falls. In between there a beautiful meadows and bridges. Don't hesitate, Yosemite doesn't have a bad session. Enjoy. Michael

Feb 01, 2013 at 07:11 AM
Chaz
• • •
p.1 #3 · Yosemite in February access..?

The "Horsetail Fall" crowd will be in Yosemite Valley for the annual gathering during your visit.

If you are a skier or snow shoer, you might enjoy x-country skiing along the Glacier Point Road beginning at the Badger Pass ski area or out to Dewey Point as well. Skis or snow shoes can be rented at Badger Pass.

Note that (needed or not) you are required to carry tire chains when in the park at this time of year. They can be rented at many locations in the surrounding "gateway" communities.

Feb 01, 2013 at 08:06 AM
Dustin Gent
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Yosemite in February access..?

thanks for the heads up on renting chains. I work at REI, so I got all the gear I need

Feb 01, 2013 at 08:18 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password