Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Varsity bowling

amlsml
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Varsity bowling

Bowling?? yes they have a team and needed some coverage so off I went. never shot bowling and haven't played since I was a kid. got there early and asked one of the guys at the "rink?' if I could slide down in front and sit on my little stool. 12,800 at 2.8 was the ticket, so I shot a few ambient and worked an on camera flash for some of them. Flash set on Manual at 1/4 power. Wasn't sure of shutter speed so fooled around between 640 and 200. kinf of like a little hand blur on the ball shots. Anyone shoot his often? Suggestions / thanks

NIKON D3S    175mm    f/2.8    1/200s    5000 ISO    0.0 EV  

NIKON D3S    135mm    f/2.8    1/320s    12800 ISO    +0.3 EV  

NIKON D3S    116mm    f/2.8    1/320s    12800 ISO    +0.3 EV  

NIKON D3S    170mm    f/2.8    1/320s    12800 ISO    +0.3 EV  

NIKON D3S    155mm    f/3.2    1/320s    8000 ISO    +0.3 EV  

Feb 01, 2013 at 02:34 AM
jspytek
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Varsity bowling

No expert - but I shot bowling earlier this year and personally I liked the shot from the other side of the right handed bowlers better - you shot from their left - I shot more from their right. It gave more picture of them opened up.

Also, at my alley they said no flash - said it would cause the reset mechanism with the pins to go off. That made it very interesting to shoot - dark dark dark then bright neon beer signs in the background!!!

I like that you have eyes in most of them - also try to get more of the emotion after the shot - when they are hoping and hitting or missing - I got some really good shots that way.

Feb 01, 2013 at 06:14 AM
P Alesse
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Varsity bowling

I really like #2. The others aren't quite there timing wise.

Feb 01, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Frank Lauri
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Varsity bowling

Andy...#2 for me also. Nice form and follow thru.

Feb 01, 2013 at 06:29 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Aqualung
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Varsity bowling

very different, also #2...

Chris

Feb 01, 2013 at 07:01 PM
amlsml
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Varsity bowling

Thanks for the crit, Couldn't get to the other side unfortunately ,only a small alley all on the side ! No problem with using flash, as I was aiming at them, I just suck at using flash! man do I miss being outside!

Anyone shoot fencing?? My next foray?

Feb 02, 2013 at 03:47 PM
steve126a

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Varsity bowling

Interesting to see members of a varsity bowling team using a house ball...

I've tried shooting bowling before for an ad campaign. The customer wanted me to capture their "cosmic bowling" (read: glow in the dark bowling). As if that weren't difficult enough, he also gave me the speech about not using flash.

As expected, the photos came out either dark or very noisy. He was not impressed and there was nothing I could say to him to try to explain that taking a photo of moving subject in near darkness will not come out well.

Feb 05, 2013 at 07:04 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password