Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Live TV broadcast with D800

derry1
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Live TV broadcast with D800

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_8vKROpLJY

Derry

Jan 31, 2013 at 06:10 PM
DGC1
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Live TV broadcast with D800

By the time yo buy all the add on crap necessary to turn your DSLR into a video camera, you could simply buy a high quality video camera.

Feb 01, 2013 at 01:58 PM
NathanHamler
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Live TV broadcast with D800

well, not really..... especially when you consider that the REASON they wanted to use the D800's is b/c they wanted the large sensor, shallow DOF look...i'm not sure there are any studio cameras that have a large enough sensor to get a shallow DOF at anything but the absolute longest focal lengths....also, studio cameras are insanely expensive when compared to a DSLR like the D800....also, if you were thinking maybe they should have shot RED instead, a RED epic is just about as suited to a studio news environment as the D800 is...i know the RED has documented issues with latency issues when using HD-SDI to run through a switcher and then a record deck, transmission, etc.....about 100ms (3 frames)... apparently RED doesn't have the latency issue when recording to an SSD, but i'm wondering if the D800 exhibits the same behavior when using the HDMI output, vs recording to internal media...not a huge issue, you simply have to delay your audio by 100ms so it all lines up....could be tricky if it wasn't expected though, and you weren't prepared to compensate......see that's why you use studio cameras, as they dont have those issues...unless of course, if you want that shallow dof, cinematic look, then studio cameras wont cut it....

Feb 01, 2013 at 02:36 PM
Danner
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Live TV broadcast with D800

That's very cool. Thanks for posting.

Feb 01, 2013 at 03:25 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

michaelwatkins
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Live TV broadcast with D800

I'm going to hang an "8" on the front of mine. Always wanted to be Camera 8.

Joking aside, I recall reading that Dexter had some segments filmed using a D800 too. It's all cool, even if largely irrelevant to me as 99% of my use is for stills.

Feb 01, 2013 at 04:36 PM
lxdesign
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Live TV broadcast with D800

this is old news..... but very cool indeed!

Feb 01, 2013 at 06:06 PM
BenV
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Live TV broadcast with D800

I can't lie, watching that video I was incredibly bored.

Feb 01, 2013 at 09:23 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password