Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · 2013 NEX lens Roadmap: 5+ lenses/Year

LightShow
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · 2013 NEX lens Roadmap: 5+ lenses/Year

Looks like Sony is expanding NEX lens production
http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/hot-new-sony-e-mount-roadmap/

Right hand side says something like

"From 2013 and on, the lens lineup will be expanded at the pace of over five lens a year, including high performance lens such as Carl Zeiss and G lenes."

The Sony website
http://www.sony.jp/ichigan/evolution/e_roadmap/

Jan 31, 2013 at 03:14 PM
Sagar
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · 2013 NEX lens Roadmap: 5+ lenses/Year

But they don't tell anything what those 5 lenses will be

Jan 31, 2013 at 03:50 PM
ytwong
• • •
p.1 #3 · 2013 NEX lens Roadmap: 5+ lenses/Year

one problem(for me anyway) is that those premium CZ lens are not going to have OSS. and for that price, build quality is really low.(the hood of my 24 1.8 became a 2 pieces hood , same as a friend's 24 1.8)

Jan 31, 2013 at 03:57 PM
LightShow
• • • •
p.1 #4 · 2013 NEX lens Roadmap: 5+ lenses/Year

I agree, it's less roadmap and more marketing "More lenses are coming".
When I seen "Roadmap" I was hoping to see a hint at what was coming.
Oh well, at least the news is positive.

Jan 31, 2013 at 04:07 PM
Sagar
• • •
p.1 #5 · 2013 NEX lens Roadmap: 5+ lenses/Year

WoW I didn't know that. I just purchased Zeiss yesterday, hope its hood remains intact

ytwong wrote:
one problem(for me anyway) is that those premium CZ lens are not going to have OSS. and for that price, build quality is really low.(the hood of my 24 1.8 became a 2 pieces hood , same as a friend's 24 1.8)

Jan 31, 2013 at 04:08 PM
Taylor Sherman
• • •
p.1 #6 · 2013 NEX lens Roadmap: 5+ lenses/Year

Well, if that includes the 3 expected Zeiss primes, then Sony's only got two lenses left to fill in the gap! One of which should be the G standard zoom. . .and the other the 85/1.8 OSS.

I tell ya, it's tough waiting for that Zeiss 12/2. I keep getting tempted to get the CV12 or 15, or a 19 Elmarit-R + my speedbooster, etc.

Jan 31, 2013 at 06:11 PM
Sagar
• • •
p.1 #7 · 2013 NEX lens Roadmap: 5+ lenses/Year

Zeiss 12/2 and Sony 85/1.8 and my kit is completed I really hope these lenses come early in 2013

Jan 31, 2013 at 06:35 PM
LightShow
• • • •
p.1 #8 · 2013 NEX lens Roadmap: 5+ lenses/Year

Taylor Sherman wrote:
Well, if that includes the 3 expected Zeiss primes, then Sony's only got two lenses left to fill in the gap! One of which should be the G standard zoom. . .and the other the 85/1.8 OSS.

Nope, the 3 Zeiss AF primes should be separate from any Sony/Zeiss lenses like the 24/1.8

Jan 31, 2013 at 09:57 PM
eosfun
• • • •
p.1 #9 · 2013 NEX lens Roadmap: 5+ lenses/Year

If this is a roadmap, everyone navigating on it gets lost.

Jan 31, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

douglasf13
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · 2013 NEX lens Roadmap: 5+ lenses/Year

ytwong wrote:

I wouldn't equate hood build with lens build. The build quality of the 24/1.8 is relatively outstanding, compared to any other mirrorless lens out there. The 24/1.8 hood is designed just like the Zeiss ZA hoods, and I agree that the 2 piece design is not a good idea. My ZA 85/1.4 hood came apart, too. I would recommend storing these hoods not attached to the lens.

Jan 31, 2013 at 10:30 PM
sebboh
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · 2013 NEX lens Roadmap: 5+ lenses/Year

Taylor Sherman wrote:
I tell ya, it's tough waiting for that Zeiss 12/2. I keep getting tempted to get the CV12 or 15, or a 19 Elmarit-R + my speedbooster, etc.

i thought the zeiss 12mm was supposed to be f/2.8, or did they change that?

Feb 01, 2013 at 12:44 AM
ytwong
• • •
p.1 #12 · 2013 NEX lens Roadmap: 5+ lenses/Year

douglasf13 wrote:
I wouldn't equate hood build with lens build. The build quality of the 24/1.8 is relatively outstanding, compared to any other mirrorless lens out there. The 24/1.8 hood is designed just like the Zeiss ZA hoods, and I agree that the 2 piece design is not a good idea. My ZA 85/1.4 hood came apart, too. I would recommend storing these hoods not attached to the lens.

Actually I was comparing the build quality of other Zeiss lens (ZF), not other mirrorless lens . I know some ZF lens cost more than the 24 1.8, but some ZF does cost less.. they all have much better build quality(including the hood) than the 24 1.8.

.. I haven't disassembled the lens.. the 2 Pcs hood is held together by double sided scotch tape... I don't know what actually holds the lens itself together.

Also, I'm a little disappointed the serial number is merely a sticker (not engraved). The sticker felt off during the warranty period. I still have the sticker... but if I loss the sticker/serial I 'd loss the warranty??

Feb 01, 2013 at 01:46 AM
_julian_
• •
p.1 #13 · 2013 NEX lens Roadmap: 5+ lenses/Year

There are five from SONY, another three from Zeiss and three from Sigma scheduled.

The focal length range from SONY is mostly already covered except for a rumored 85/1.8 which makes it's hard to imagine how these new lenses all fit in.

Perhaps some of the five will be fullframe image-circle.

Feb 01, 2013 at 01:50 AM
ytwong
• • •
p.1 #14 · 2013 NEX lens Roadmap: 5+ lenses/Year

I hope they will release a better normal lens. the 16-50 is ok if I just want a P&S, but sometimes I do wish I have a better AF zoom for the NEX. Something like the Panasonic 12-35 2.8, or a 16-85 3.5-4.5 would be great.

Feb 01, 2013 at 02:18 AM
Taylor Sherman
• • •
p.1 #15 · 2013 NEX lens Roadmap: 5+ lenses/Year

sebboh wrote:
i thought the zeiss 12mm was supposed to be f/2.8, or did they change that?

Oops, I'm probably mistaken

Feb 01, 2013 at 03:06 AM
douglasf13
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · 2013 NEX lens Roadmap: 5+ lenses/Year

ytwong wrote:
Actually I was comparing the build quality of other Zeiss lens (ZF), not other mirrorless lens . I know some ZF lens cost more than the 24 1.8, but some ZF does cost less.. they all have much better build quality(including the hood) than the 24 1.8.

.. I haven't disassembled the lens.. the 2 Pcs hood is held together by double sided scotch tape... I don't know what actually holds the lens itself together.

Also, I'm a little disappointed the serial number is merely a sticker (not engraved). The sticker felt off during the warranty period. I still have the sticker...
...Show more

The manufacturers have to consider weight, size and add af motors to these mirrorless lenses. The build of the 24/1.8 is fine.

There is a Zeiss serial around the front element of the lens.

Feb 01, 2013 at 03:29 AM
peterv

p.1 #17 · 2013 NEX lens Roadmap: 5+ lenses/Year

Sorry to hear about the broken hood on the Sony Zeiss 24 mm. Mine seems quite sturdy and locks secure. No problems at all. As for the roadmap, I'm also an LA-AE2 user and I've got most focal lenghts covered. Still, if there would be new FF E mount lenses coming available this year for the rumored FF NEX I might be tempted to start investing. I hope these lenses are high IQ and please let them be weather sealed.

Feb 01, 2013 at 01:55 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password