Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Tripod costs

pixelshooter

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Tripod costs

Hello all...kinda new here. Been lurking around, but starting to post only now. I am looking for a tripod to replace an old Benro travel angel that served me well for quite some years. I was considering a Gitzo 1542T. Gitzos are widely considered to be very expensive. But when I looked at Feisol's equivalent to the Gitzo 1542T, I found only a $91 difference.

FEISOL Traveler CT-3441S Rapid Tripod Legs: $388.00
Gitzo GT1542T w/ G Lock : $479.99

Did the Gitzo get cheaper, or did the Feisol get more expensive? Or am I not comparing the right models of travel tripods?

Jan 31, 2013 at 07:58 AM
peter_n
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Tripod costs

Welcome to the forum!

The reason the Gitzo is comparatively inexpensive is because it's an older model that has been superseded by newer models. The current Gitzo traveler is the 1544T.

Jan 31, 2013 at 01:50 PM
Wobble
• • •
p.1 #3 · Tripod costs

Buy the FEISOL and never look back.

Jan 31, 2013 at 01:55 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

martines34
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Tripod costs

I think at you will find the current Feisol model very competitive to any other tripod.

They have made a few important upgrades.

See if you can find one to try first.

Jan 31, 2013 at 01:57 PM
pixelshooter

p.1 #5 · Tripod costs

peter_n wrote:
Welcome to the forum!

The reason the Gitzo is comparatively inexpensive is because it's an older model that has been superseded by newer models. The current Gitzo traveler is the 1544T.

Thank you for this information. I did not know this. When I visit the Gitzo site, it automatically redirects to one specific to my country. And the 1544T isn't listed there.

Jan 31, 2013 at 02:32 PM
peter_n
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · Tripod costs

pixelshooter wrote:
When I visit the Gitzo site, it automatically redirects to one specific to my country.

Yes I find these sites that redirect you to something they think you'll be interested in on the basis of your IP address can be very annoying. Here's a link to a US store that sells the 1544T so you can compare specs.

If you like the 1542T this is a good time to buy one because they're selling them off. It's not clear that the 1544T is appreciably better, it does have legs that fold back though.

Feb 01, 2013 at 01:27 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password