Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · D700 shows an aperture w/o lens attached

derek.fulmer
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · D700 shows an aperture w/o lens attached

I received a used d700 from B&H today and every time I turn it on its reading at f/11 without a lens attached. I cant change it because my lenses are en route to me. Any quick fixes?

Jan 31, 2013 at 04:44 AM
NathanHamler
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · D700 shows an aperture w/o lens attached

Go to the Setup (wrench) menu, and go to Non CPU lens data...you can then either clear out the data that is entered, add new data for any non CPU (manual focus, Ai or Ai-s) lenses you may have, or go to a lens number that has no data........obviously the guy who had it before you had a Non CPU lens that had a max aperture of f/11....if you turn the camera on, take the body cap off, and move the little aperture sensing tab/ring around the lens mount, you'll notice that f/11 changes as you move it.....

Actually, what i should have said, is: Sorry to hear, your camera is broke. Send it to me.

Jan 31, 2013 at 04:53 AM
derek.fulmer
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · D700 shows an aperture w/o lens attached

NathanHamler wrote:
Go to the Setup (wrench) menu, and go to Non CPU lens data...you can then either clear out the data that is entered, add new data for any non CPU (manual focus, Ai or Ai-s) lenses you may have, or go to a lens number that has no data........obviously the guy who had it before you had a Non CPU lens that had a max aperture of f/11....if you turn the camera on, take the body cap off, and move the little aperture sensing tab/ring around the lens mount, you'll notice that f/11 changes as you move it.....

Actually, what i
...Show more

Ah ha! Thanks!

Jan 31, 2013 at 06:50 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password