Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Dog/Owner photo shoot. This time the beach.

Frock

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Dog/Owner photo shoot. This time the beach.

We got some warm weather here on the east coast and I managed to sneak a dog photo shoot at the beach. C&C always welcome.

http://www.kennyonufrock.com/blog/2013/1/29/dog-photo-shoot-wrightsville-beach-mr-darcy-and-chelsea.html

Jan 31, 2013 at 02:44 AM
Steady Hand
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Dog/Owner photo shoot. This time the beach.

Howdy,

First...my standard intro to anyone "new" to me on this forum...
My comments or suggestions below are not a criticism of you, your model, your talent or skill. I offer them in a friendly tone of voice and with the sole intent to help you with a second POV and set of eyes. If you read sincere questions and simple suggestions as "criticism" of you, then you will miss how I am trying to help you.

Of course this may be your own "style" or your own "vision" and I suppose we can assume that the images look just like they do because that is exactly how you like them. That is OK too. It just shows that there are differences of "opinion" on what looks good. IF these are exactly what you want and like, then by all means continue making your images look like that and have fun doing it. I can only speak for myself and what I do or do not find appealing in the posted photos. As I always say: "Follow your own muse."

Quick Comments:

You are more likely to get comments if you post the photos or some on this site, rather than linking them as you have.

I viewed the photos, but I am a rare one to follow links from here.

You took a lot of photos of the owner and her dog.

A lot.

I saw some cute ones, as the dog is small and cute.

I did not care for the "flashed" photos. A matter of taste.

I hope these comments help you.

Jan 31, 2013 at 02:56 AM
michael kilner
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · Dog/Owner photo shoot. This time the beach.

some nice shots there

Jan 31, 2013 at 02:36 PM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · Dog/Owner photo shoot. This time the beach.

I especially like the black and whites here.
Douglas

Jan 31, 2013 at 03:47 PM
charlandk
• •
p.1 #5 · Dog/Owner photo shoot. This time the beach.

good job. I am sure she will be very happy with them.

Jan 31, 2013 at 03:59 PM

friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · Dog/Owner photo shoot. This time the beach.

You have some really nice shots there! You'll get more comments, as noted already by Steady, if you imbed the pictures in your post, and number them so it's easier for us to specify which picture we're talking about. When you present a whole gallery like this, harder for us to pick a picture to provide C&C on. Very nice set, though. I'm sure she's thrilled with these.

Jan 31, 2013 at 04:18 PM
Frock

p.1 #7 · Dog/Owner photo shoot. This time the beach.

Thanks for the feedback all.

Steady, actually over a 100 people clicked the link today alone, so, not so rare. I did take a lot of photos of the dog and the girl, it's like I was paid to do it or something. Really don't get that comment. Your point on the "flashy" photos is well taken. Thanks again all.

Feb 01, 2013 at 02:18 AM
Steady Hand
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · Dog/Owner photo shoot. This time the beach.

Frock wrote:
Thanks for the feedback all.

Steady, actually over a 100 people clicked the link today alone, so, not so rare. I did take a lot of photos of the dog and the girl, it's like I was paid to do it or something. Really don't get that comment. Your point on the "flashy" photos is well taken. Thanks again all.

OK.

No harm meant by my comments. I was simply trying to help you. And, as always, everything I write here is written in a truly friendly tone of voice with no malice intended.

On the point of 100 people viewed the linked photos: That happens all the time here on this forum. In my opinion, what is more important than the NUMBER of people who see something is the number of people who SAY something (or comment or try to help you if you ask for it). Many hits with few comments may mean little interest in what they saw. As of the the time I am writing this, over 350 people have viewed your forum post, yet only 5 have posted any comments at all.

To be more specific on my comment about "lots of photos":

There were a lot of photos of the same girl and same dog. Not much variety aside from many shots in different light or pose. Same girl, same dog, same girl, same dog, etc.

You posted for us to see (or wanted us to look). So I suppose you wanted comments on the photos, or hits on your blog (and that seemed to work now).

My Simple Suggestion to ANY photographer posting on a photo forum: Whether you got paid or not, if you are going to present a set of photos to a group of photographers (like this forum) practice a little self-editing and select the best few shots for us viewers to focus on. Showing more than a few tends to diminish the effect and interest AND it makes it difficult to comment with any specifics, IF you wanted specific comments beyond a general remark.

My favorite from the set was the "jump shot."

I hope this helps you...and others.

Feb 01, 2013 at 02:31 AM
gregfountain
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · Dog/Owner photo shoot. This time the beach.

Being a dog person, I liked the set (especially the bucket shot!) and didn't feel it was too many, but Steady's point about embedding the images in the post does make it easier for people to comment, if that's what you are looking for. I also like the elegant simplicity of your website! Well done!

Greg

Feb 01, 2013 at 07:11 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password