Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Mexico wedding

diamondroad
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Mexico wedding

Our first destination wedding in Tulum Beach Mexico.

Comments?

Steve
Diamond Road Photography

diamondroad 2013

diamondroad 2013

diamondroad 2013

diamondroad 2013

diamondroad 2013

Jan 31, 2013 at 01:09 AM
Ziffl3
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Mexico wedding

first off.... why are these so big? really?

These are okay. kind of boring.
I mean you got shots.

Did you push yourself?

Jan 31, 2013 at 02:23 AM
diamondroad
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Mexico wedding

I have no clue why the photos are so big. What do you mean by "push yourself"?

Steve

Jan 31, 2013 at 02:44 AM
jcolman
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Mexico wedding

diamondroad wrote:
I have no clue why the photos are so big. What do you mean by "push yourself"?

Steve

I think what he means is "did you do anything other than shoot in the middle of the day on the beach, with no real challenges to lighting, framing or other tricks that would make your photos extraordinary?"

Jan 31, 2013 at 08:22 AM
VickiB
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Mexico wedding

Yes, the photos are too large. However, the gratuitous comments about whether the photographer pushed himself belie the nature of the photos themselves. They portray moments of genuine emotion and are lovely in themselves. Does one have to be challenged or bring out a bag of tricks to receive the all-too-common "these are sick, dude" comments from this forum? He was sharing five photos from, I assume, a much larger set. Why such a negative response?

Jan 31, 2013 at 11:51 AM
morganb4
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Mexico wedding

#1 too far to the left, stiff
#2 I reckon it would be even better with more space around them
#3 Clone out the dead cat in the top left
#4 Great, would prefer it without toning and more contrast.
#5 Seems somehow darker and less punchy than others.

Overal:
They will love them and thats what counts more than anything anyone says here.
Good light and nice processing, perhaps a touch brighter and a touch more contrast but its a taste thing

Jan 31, 2013 at 12:15 PM
morganb4
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Mexico wedding

jcolman wrote:
I think what he means is "did you do anything other than shoot in the middle of the day on the beach, with no real challenges to lighting, framing or other tricks that would make your photos extraordinary?"

dunno about mexico but shooting in the middle of the day round here is extremely challenging!

Jan 31, 2013 at 12:17 PM
jcolman
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Mexico wedding

VickiB wrote:
Yes, the photos are too large. However, the gratuitous comments about whether the photographer pushed himself belie the nature of the photos themselves. They portray moments of genuine emotion and are lovely in themselves. Does one have to be challenged or bring out a bag of tricks to receive the all-too-common "these are sick, dude" comments from this forum? He was sharing five photos from, I assume, a much larger set. Why such a negative response?

One typically does not travel to Mexico and shoot some rather standard pics on the beach and call it a day. That was the meaning of my "gratuitous" comment. The OP asked for comments and he received them. I've been to Tulum and it's a lovely area. I would like to see more pics from this wedding. Any sunset or sunrise pics? Ceremony? Shot among the Mayan ruins?

Jan 31, 2013 at 03:47 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Ziffl3
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Mexico wedding

VickiB wrote:

did you read ... these are "sick" - dude.,,,
Think not.

So posting images in front of other shooters.....

Lets get down to business. As Jim mentions, one fly's to Mexico to just shoot average but semi solid image?
Really.... then maybe you need to step out of this place.

Did you push yourself? If you do not grasp this ... then - to ME ... you wasted a payed (assuming) opportunity to have a chance to extend your "tool box" abilities.

What do i mean by tool box? We all go into shoots taking the given situation and our techniques or shooting style.
The different tricks or "my shots" (lots of narrow depth of field, super wide, various camera angles, how we see, use of flash) are our different tools.
What do you do to add tools in your shooting tool box?

Here is an opportunity to push your self creatively. A opportunity to add to the tool box. A chance to get better.

one more time ... a chance to get better.
It does not matter if you are a noob or 10 years + in this industry. If you are not going forward.... you will be left behind.

So, did the Op push him or herself? If the Op was stoked to get these images - cool.
My question is then, what will the Op do the next time?

-Mark

Jan 31, 2013 at 04:16 PM
That Photog
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Mexico wedding

1. The couple seems a little dark compared to #2. Pose is awkward with her arm between them. Too off center for my taste.
2. Nice moment, great capture. Clone out spot on his hand, wish it was wider.
3. Nice pose, great looks. Heart in the sand does nothing for me. Close out drift wood in upper left. Wish the sand was off her hand. Spot in sand behind his head looks like funny hair.
4. Great pose and looks. Wish the sand wasn't on the hands in in her hair. Wet knee is distracting. Don't care for toning.
5. Processing seems a little dull. Clone out chunk in front of flowers. Unfortunate that flowers look a little beat up at this point.

Will the client be happy? Absolutely.
Is the photographers hind sight working? I'm hope so.

It is really easy to pick out flaws after the fact, staring at huge pictures on large monitors. Noticing them in composition or in camera, takes some a lot more practice.

Nice work shooting in full sun though.

Feb 01, 2013 at 03:38 PM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Mexico wedding

I think these look great, they look happy and in love on the beach, if they were my photos, I would be VERY happy

Feb 05, 2013 at 01:32 AM
thethinkcouch
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Mexico wedding

damn... i would be UPSET if these were my photos. i'll be straight with you, Steve. these photos aren't worth flying anybody out for. if i were to fly you out to mexico, i better get MEXICO... not just a random beach photos.

these photos are mediocre at best.

...remember, no lady ever likes armpit photos.

please don't read this post as a hate post... just expressing my thoughts.

//ed

Feb 05, 2013 at 07:59 PM
kwhaley29
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Mexico wedding

Steve,

Congratulations on your first destination wedding! It looks like you got some pleasing images. My favorite from this set is #3. The fourth image is nice too but if you'd like to improve upon that particular pose try positioning her right arm a little differently and see what you think.

Feb 08, 2013 at 01:16 PM
jofoto photo
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Mexico wedding

Just noticed your 14 posts in and your getting LOVE

2 AND 3 are very nice, and as mentioned captures whats really important here.

Your at the beginning of a journey not the end. Nice to get flown out.

Nothing wrong, just a few tweaks,
Having looked at your FB, you did right with these, drop the heavy pp.

PP is personal taste and in some cases a short lived fad.

Maybe if you buy some actions and sign up to few workshops, you'll be made more welcome
BTW I love Canada it's a beautiful place with some beautiful people

Feb 08, 2013 at 05:08 PM
DavidM5
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Mexico wedding

+1 on what Ed said!
These do not show where you went, it could have been any beach...
How about some nice sunset shots?
Shots with them in a cenote?

In #1, her left hand is very awkard...
#3 I would clone out the rocks on the top left of the image. It draws my eye up there unecessarily.
#4 I would fix the 'sand' that is at the top of her forehead right by her hairline. It looks like dandruff...

Feb 08, 2013 at 05:23 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password