© diamondroad 2013

© diamondroad 2013

© diamondroad 2013

Jan 30, 2013 at 07:33 PM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Alana Trash the dress

They are ok. Just not doing it for me. Im sure the client likes them. Thats all that matters. To me they are stale, nothing interesting going on. Dress is blown in the last one. Power lines are killing it for me in #3. #2 is blurry and #1 has an odd tint on it.

Nice try though. Thanks for sharing.

Jan 30, 2013 at 09:11 PM
TTLKurtis
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Alana Trash the dress

Leave the tripod at home, forget about HDR, forget about centered archway sort of stuff, and work on interacting with your subject and getting them to loosen up and have fun. These are so stale and boring.

Have you been shooting professionally for a while or are you building a portfolio at this point?

Jan 30, 2013 at 09:35 PM
diamondroad
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Alana Trash the dress

Thanks for the replies (I'm off to hang myself now...hahaha) the reason I posted them was to get a professional opinion, so please keep them coming. I've just started doing weddings and engagement last year. I don't call myself "professional" yet but maybe one day?

Again,
Thanks for your input, it can only help me grow as a photographer.

Steve

Jan 30, 2013 at 09:43 PM
TTLKurtis
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Alana Trash the dress

Haha, nothing to hang yourself over, obviously but I think you probably realized yourself that there was something missing. I think it's coming from thinking too hard and alienating your subject. Try to make it feel natural and things will just flow easier.

Jan 30, 2013 at 10:36 PM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Alana Trash the dress

Dont hang yourself. Seriosuly. They are not bad. They are just not great. If I were the person being shot, I would be happy that the photos are decent and in focus and look ok. If the rest of your work looks like this and people pay you to do it, then awesome! If you want to improve your work then you came to the right place.

I wish you the best in your work. Just looking at some of the work on here will give you ideas on what you should try next time. The colors of your work can be fixed with LR or PS. Work on working with your client to get more reaction and better angles. That you cant fix later.

best of luck buddy.

Jan 31, 2013 at 01:40 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.